Hemi Truck Club banner

05 Hemi Ram Twin turbo build

68K views 782 replies 24 participants last post by  MaximumRisk 
#1 ·
Hello Everyone!. I know some of you have been following my build on another site, but I wanted to make one on this site as well as it seems that this site is more performance oriented.
I will post pics of the beginning stages with a short text to keep things simple. I will update the thread as I progress. If you have any questions I will be happy to answer them. If you have suggestions, I am all ears.

turbos are a pair of GT30 or better know as 57mm, I made log manifold to keep things simple

turbo mockup with support bar

fabricated a little fitting so that I could use a remote power steering pump reservoir

remote reservoir

See less See more
#4 ·
6061.com elbow was added along with Aeromotive fuel components. I also modified the fuel basket to accept AN feed and return (BIG thanks to charged392 as his thread about doing this helped me a lot!! and to ATXHEMI for pointing me to it!! )

water-meth tank and pump mounted

#8 ·
No, not yet. I just installed the fuel tank this past weekend. I need to put back together the elbow/throttle body assembly. I am also waiting for a fitting to complete the water-meth installation (should be here Saturday). Then i need to do some wiring, and some other minor stuff then i will make an appointment to have it tuned.
Unfortunately for me it is going to be miserably cold this weekend so i do not know if i will be able to make any progress.

#11 ·
Max this is the recommendation I got from my tuner (Keith)

Your new plug gap with tr5-1 plugs is going to be .030-32.
This with aiming for only 5psi boost.

#13 ·
Stu, I've used the 4306 plugs on my NA engine for years. IMO it's a excellent plug for sustain hard driving.

#15 ·
Today i did not get to do much because holy crap it is cold!. Anyways, i managed to install the Ford air pump which i am using for crankcase evacuation duties. It is not wired, but it is in its place.
The OCPerformance manifold came with a fitting (1.25" thead) that adapts to a brether filter, but i wanted an oil fill tube. I found a filler neck for older vw that has the same diameter but different thread, so i cut the OCPerformance fitting and welded it to the vw's now i have a filler neck. I will drill and tap a 3/8npt hole to add a vacuum regulating valve.
I also received the 90 degree fotting to adapt the water meth injector so that the feed line runs parallel to the inlet pipe, but all of that stuff wont be touch until next weekend.

#16 ·
Not much to update. i installed the water-meth injector. Painted the reservoir black, and started final assembpy of the elbow/throttle body. I brought today the cold side tubing to the powder coater to get them done. I am going to do them in wrinkle black. Still need to do the spark plugs and
I have a question; has anyone rewired the spark plug wires so that both spark plugs fire at the same time? Are there any benefits to this??

#17 ·
Both spark plugs do fire at the same time.
The spark plugs on the 03-05 are fired from different coils, but still at the same time. 06+ uses a single coil to fire both plugs.

#18 ·
The coil and wire setup fires 1 plug(under coil) on TDC and the other (wire from another coil) in the exhaust stroke for emissions reasons. With shorty wires both would fire same time same hole. The dual coil systems on the 06+ trucks fire TDC and exhaust strokes. Some engines like the shorty wires some do not only way to know is try it.

#20 ·
Max, I like the way you have the pump. I have to remount mine and may copy you.

#21 ·
I used an aluminum angle with 4" and 2" wide legs. The 4" side is perfect for mounting the pump and the 2" side to mount the tank and to mount the whole assembly to the truck. I will take some more pictures from different angles tomorrow to give you a better visual.

#22 ·
Max, that would be great. I've been bogged down lately and not getting anything done. Bummer...

#24 ·
Nicely done, thanks..

#25 ·
spark plugs went in. Started to piece back together the cold side. I still have some wiring to do and need a little help with that. If anyone has a wiring diagram of the fuse box or near by wiring, I need to tap into a wire that is hot when running only (key on, engine off I need that wire to be dead. Only one when the engine is running) something like fuel pump trigger signal. Or if you could post or link me to a wiring diagram I would really appreciated (2005)
Here are a few teaser, night time shots. I will try to take some during the day

#26 · (Edited)
Max, looking good. The wire you want is coming from the ASD relay. I would recommend you use it as a trigger wire for a standard automotive 30a relay. I see if I can find the color to better identify the wire.

Got this from the 05 manual..
Max couldn't post the schematic. It is too large. If you like, PM me your email and I'll try to email it to you.

#29 ·
Max, excellent job, when will it go to the dyno?

#31 ·
That should get you going. Being an 05 it should tune nicely.. Good luck with the startup.

#33 ·
I have run into a problem with the tuner (T1000).
When I fist got it, I updated it to revision 1r13f which I installed on January 22nd. The other day, I was able to save the factory settings to the tuner and installed the 93 performance tune to the truck I then tried to upload the OEM tune to my computer to then send it to the guy doing the custom tuning, it would start uploading, but then I got an error saying: "do not support this controller ID" and cancel the upload.

I went back online to the Diablo support page and saw that there was an update (rev. 1r13h). I reloaded the OEM tune into the truck so that I could upgrade the tuner to the newer revision. After updating the tuner I tried to save the OEM tune to the T1000 and now I am getting an error saying" that the tune cannot be saved" so now i am stuck. I contacted Diablo about it, but have not heard from them yet. Any suggestions??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.