Negative And yet another fun-filled visit to the Dealer - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > General Maintenance | Owner Info > Dealer Reviews

Old 03-13-2007, 02:16 PM   #1

And yet another fun-filled visit to the Dealer

Galeana's Van Dyke Dodge Warren MI

Symptom -- NO audio from stereo, stereo is on

Probable cause -- Service manual says check amplifier behind glove-box

Check in at 0900 hrs for 0900 appointment

1230 hrs, my keys are given to me,, advisor says I'm all set, see you in few days. I say "what?". Advisor says, oh we have to order the stereo, we don't stock them. I comment that the service manual says nothing about even checking the stereo. I asked if they even used the OBDII tool. Because the amp will show in the scanner. Answer, we don't need that to tell us the stereo is not working. Ok,, fine I'll be back in a few days.

Walk out to my truck at 1245, COVERED in MUD. Looks like I just got back from an off-road rally. (washed on way to dealer)

Go back in, and ask who is going to wash my truck, Service manager states, they do not wash cars anymore like they used to. I said I know that, but I brought you in a sparkling vehicle, and now it's covered in mud.

He sasy sorry. So I go get my salesmqan, he goes back there, and they tell him to take it up with the General Manager. Since the lot is being powerwashed today, it's not their problem.

Finally got it washed by the dealer, after my salesman went to the GM and informed him of my 3 hr wait, and dirty car.

I like my salesman bought 3 cars from him,,,But the Service department sucks,, This is not my first negative with service there.

yoyo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2007, 02:31 PM   #2
Director Emeritus

Garage

Unbelievable! I'd check the odometer as well
Hope they fix you up with a new stereo soon.
MrHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 03:58 PM   #3
&quot*Damn*its*gotta*Hemi*&quot

What a sack of crap. No other nearby dealers? Service is part of buying your truck, if they want your business again, servicew better improve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2007, 06:29 PM   #4

Oh the thrills.

Took truck back for dealer to put ordered stereo in. SUPRISE no audio still.

So I said to the advisor, did no one listen to me when I said the stereo was fine, it's the amp or pci issue??

He says, well you seem to know a lot about these cars,, and I see you have an aftermarket amp under your seat,,,,hmmm.

Now I know where this was going. I said that amp has nothing to do with my stereo crapping out, it checks out fine. He replies with well if your gonna be like that, then maybe I need to make a call to warranty and inform them of the aftermarket stuff,

I said that's it, lets go see the Service Manager. We get in the office, and he starts with "this customer wants to tell us how to do our job, Then when I started to speak, he raised his voice to talk over me,, unitl he was yelling. I said STOP, who is the customer here??? It got pretty bad for a few, until the service manager told the advisor to "shut up" and leave.

Long story short, The car is going back on Monday, they will have a loaner waiting for me at 0800, and a outside electronics guy to figure out the issue, and regardless of the problem make it right.

btw there was a guy in the lobby, who had been there 1.5 hours for an oil change.
Old 03-15-2007, 06:30 PM   #5

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by *Damn*its*gotta*Hemi*:
What a sack of crap. No other nearby dealers? Service is part of buying your truck, if they want your business again, servicew better improve
Unfortunately, this is the Best service dept out of the area dealers.
Old 03-15-2007, 06:56 PM   #6
Board of Directors (Jay)

Quote:
quote:Unfortunately, this is the Best service dept out of the area dealers.
I hate to see what the others are like.
Superjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 10:53 PM   #7
Director Emeritus

That's rediculous! And they wonder why people change brands?

You have the patience of a saint because it would have definately turned ugly with me.

Pup
HEMI-PUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 09:42 PM   #8

Dropped her off this a.m. Of course NO car waiting as promised, Took 1.5 hr to get a car and get home.

The jerk called at 2.30, And said "Well we figured out the problem, it's the amp" I wanted to crawl through the phone and strangle him.

If they just would have listened last week,,,I would be home with my truck, no complaints,, and much lower blood pressure. Part should be in tomorrow
Old 03-20-2007, 02:34 AM   #9

I really dont mean to laugh but....Dang if that dealership is a 5 star mine must be a 20 star. Performance Dodge, Woodbury NJ. Hope the dealership is full of customers when you pick up your truck (taking note of mileage) and scream your freking head off!
Hemi Dave K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 11:11 AM   #10

Good news, bad news!

They put the new amp in today. Then called me. He said as soon as they connected the new amp it blew.

He says they have checked all MY wiring and MY stuff is not the problem. Appears to be an issue somewhere between the factory stereo, PCI, and amp.

Currently they are trying to find another amp, and new stereo,, then plug em in and see whats happens.