Hemi Truck Club banner

throttlebody cleaning

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Redtruck-VA 
#1 ·
Okay folks please dont laugh...
yesterday I had changed out my plugs,change the oil and decided to clean out the throttle body. Everything went well. but ... After I buttoned everything up started up my baby to let idle and clean up I realized that the paper towel I had used is missing a piece off of it. This is the same papertowel that I had used to wipe out the throttle body. Now Im not sure if a piece had gone into the throttle body but my concern is... did I just mess up my intake.. the piece I am referring to is about 3/4 of an inch in diameter. I used the blue papertowels you normally find in mech shops..
What do you think?????

#2 ·
Okay folks please dont laugh...
yesterday I had changed out my plugs,change the oil and decided to clean out the throttle body. Everything went well. but ... After I buttoned everything up started up my baby to let idle and clean up I realized that the paper towel I had used is missing a piece off of it. This is the same papertowel that I had used to wipe out the throttle body. Now Im not sure if a piece had gone into the throttle body but my concern is... did I just mess up my intake.. the piece I am referring to is about 3/4 of an inch in diameter. I used the blue papertowels you normally find in mech shops..
What do you think?????

#5 ·
Agree'd no big deal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.