Hemi Truck Club banner

Rough Idle

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  ATXHEMI 
#1 ·
Hey guys...long time no post!

I have a 2003 2500 and she has been idling a little here lately. At times I almost feel like she might stall out. RPMs on the tach appear to bounce when stopped. I replaced the plugs and cleaned out the throttle body and still happening. I have been trying to clean with Lucas but no results. Runs fine when on the pedal just at an idle. Can an O2 sensor cause this???? Thanks in advance as always.

#2 ·
Hey guys...long time no post!

I have a 2003 2500 and she has been idling a little here lately. At times I almost feel like she might stall out. RPMs on the tach appear to bounce when stopped. I replaced the plugs and cleaned out the throttle body and still happening. I have been trying to clean with Lucas but no results. Runs fine when on the pedal just at an idle. Can an O2 sensor cause this???? Thanks in advance as always.

#3 ·
Mine has started doing this as well. Drops to around 450 to 500 rpms when stopped. If i put it park it goes back up to around 750ish. I did get a bad o2 sensor awhile back. I cleared it and it never came back. Maybe that is the issue. Not sure though. It was the rear o2.

#4 ·
Thanks man. I hav yet to replace the sensors in this and they are still the original ones. I guess I will start with one and see if that's it and then the other. I think mine is not CA and only has two sensors vs four.

#5 ·
Any updates?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.