Hemi Truck Club banner

Radiator Flush

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Redtruck-VA 
#1 ·
That time of year for me to swap out the old antifreeze and replace it with some new antifreeze. Thinking it has been 'never' since it had a power flush it got me to wondering 'if' there is anything on the shelf worth carrying out the store to clean out the radiator? I am stuck right on the edge to take it down for a power flush...If I had time. Next year for sure. Ideas?

#2 ·
That time of year for me to swap out the old antifreeze and replace it with some new antifreeze. Thinking it has been 'never' since it had a power flush it got me to wondering 'if' there is anything on the shelf worth carrying out the store to clean out the radiator? I am stuck right on the edge to take it down for a power flush...If I had time. Next year for sure. Ideas?

#3 ·
I'm a mechanic and do many flushes if you do a power flush at a shop make sure it's a flush machine and not a suck and fill style
Machine the flush machines push new in one hose and old out another the suck style just attemp to vacuum the fluid out the radiator cap which is completely impossible to get everything out especially since and engine block doesn't vacuum down those machines rip you off just make sure it's flush style
In one hose out another only down side to them is if over time a leak occurred and the coolant gummed up and plugged the hole the flush machine may very well get rid of the gum and now you have a leak you did t have before

#5 ·
Just change a cam or do a mod that requires draining the radiator ever so often. I dumped my coolant today installing a U/D pulley.... lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.