Hemi Truck Club banner

oil change interval

2K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  BigART 
#1 ·
So is about time to change the oil again. WHile at Autozone i noticed RP was only .50 cents more than the penzoil platinum which i normally use. i was wondering what milage interval ya'll normally change your oil. Usually i try to stay around 4k.

#2 ·
When I was using RP I went 6K miles between changes

#4 ·
I change mine at 25k, or once a year. At six months, I change filter, and add oil as needed, to make it full.

#8 ·

#11 ·
AMSOIL doesn't have these limitations, "manufacturer’s recommended oil change intervals for vehicles under warranty".

I find it funny, NHEMI, that you're now suggesting RP's HPS oils. (not API)

While before you bashed AMSOIL's extended drain oils for not being API.

What made you change your mind?

#12 ·
So what you're saying is, you don't know what you're saying when you post these things.

Got it!

The question about your opinion was directed at you and no one else, NHEMI.

If you're going to talk about RP, know the facts and don't substitute your opinion in for RP's facts or any other oil for that matter.

All will be well then.

#13 ·
Simply put.. stop telling people what to do with oil based on your opinion. You even defy RP's recommendations which I find hilarious.

#14 ·
Perhaps it would be better if you two put the other on their "ignore" list...

You both are very knowledgeable folks - and it's very clear you have pride in what you use and/or sell. I just can't believe the level of drama on this subject (which has been going on for quite some time).

Please work it out between you or stop posting each other... either way we don't need to see this.

Thanks

#15 ·
My only real issue is the non-sense of telling people what to do based on opinion, no matter which oil it is.

Either follow the manufactures recommendations, that's what they're there for, or perform an oil analysis. That's the bottom line! Anything else beyond that, in this particular round, is just squabble.

Sorry about all this MrHemi. I just cannot tolerate misinformation.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.