Hemi Truck Club banner

O2 sensor replacement

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  JoeH 
#1 ·
When should O2 sensor be replaced?

#2 ·
Shouldn't have to mess with it unless you pop a DTC. Most O2 sensors can go 100K miles or more now.

#3 ·
If you google that you find some interesting info. I always thought when they died they threw a code, otherwise they were OK. Sounds like they will degrade with age and can affect fuel economy and emissions but still not be bad enough to throw a code. Bosch recommends replacing at 100,000 miles. Of course, they make them!
Looks like it's about a hundo to do all four.

#4 ·
well I got 124k miles so might be about that time

#5 ·
quote:Originally posted by NewBlue:
If you google that you find some interesting info. I always thought when they died they threw a code, otherwise they were OK. Sounds like they will degrade with age and can affect fuel economy and emissions but still not be bad enough to throw a code. Bosch recommends replacing at 100,000 miles. Of course, they make them!
Looks like it's about a hundo to do all four.
good info

#6 ·
I've replaced 3 in less than 50k mi due to throwing codes. Both on the drivers side once and the drivers side rear a second time.

#7 ·
nice tilt hood btw

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.