Hemi Truck Club banner

non hemi battery cable

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  dodhem06 
#1 ·
This is not about anything Mopar.

I am completely flabergasted. On Saturday, I had my 2007 Monte Carlo SS in the shop for a minor repair. While it was there, I received a call saying that my positive battery cable terminal was badly corroded, (to the point they say it can not be cleaned). They asked if I wanted them to replace it, (cost, $300).

Are they freakin nuts???????????????

Needless to say, I did not have it replaced.

What could possibly be so different from battery cables of old???????????

See less See more
#2 ·
This is not about anything Mopar.

I am completely flabergasted. On Saturday, I had my 2007 Monte Carlo SS in the shop for a minor repair. While it was there, I received a call saying that my positive battery cable terminal was badly corroded, (to the point they say it can not be cleaned). They asked if I wanted them to replace it, (cost, $300).

Are they freakin nuts???????????????

Needless to say, I did not have it replaced.

What could possibly be so different from battery cables of old???????????

#3 ·

#4 ·
I think you can buy a new positive battery cable for under $100. Looks like a new connector could be put on the existing positive cable to the tune of a few dollars. I wonder how much of their $300 charge is for labor?

#7 ·
I have replaced two battery cable ends on two of my vehicles within the last year. Never really thought about changing the whole cable. Seems the lugs were around $8 each. $300 for a cable in my book is crazy. Good luck...

#8 ·
Local NAPA wants $84.99 for the cable
Is yer battery in the trunk.

#10 ·
Copper is pretty high now but those must be gold!
Wonder why it only lasted 5 years. Might be worth checking a boneyard.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.