Hemi Truck Club banner

help with oil price

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  NHHEMI 
#1 ·
Since we recently bought a hemi Durango and still have the truck my usage for RP is going up, but so is the price of RP.

Anyone have advice on how to save on Amsoil or RP? Send me a PM if needed.

Also I have been using RP for a long time in the truck. Is there any issue going straight to Amsoil on the next change?

Thanks.

#2 ·
Since we recently bought a hemi Durango and still have the truck my usage for RP is going up, but so is the price of RP.

Anyone have advice on how to save on Amsoil or RP? Send me a PM if needed.

Also I have been using RP for a long time in the truck. Is there any issue going straight to Amsoil on the next change?

Thanks.

#5 ·

Amsoil has programs. big art will know.

#6 ·
If you want to use Amsoil you can just go to it. No need for a flush or anything.

For RP deals you need to keep your eye open for sales and promotions. PepBoys has very good deals on RP 3-4 times a year. I have seen Summit Racing and O'Reilly's offer good deals too. Also, if you shop E-Bay and pay attention to the shipping you can get deals. Amazon at times too. Or, go to the mfg's web site and use the dealer locator and find someone local that will sell it to you cheap(er).

PB's just had a deal in Feb for 5 qts of RP w/ RP filter for $35. The filter itself is $15 so you can't beat $4 a qt for the oil. They limited it to 2 p/customer but nothing stopping you from having a friend go in or going back on different days. I know the HEMI takes 7 qts in the trucks at least but a couple deals for a couple people and you would have 2-3 OC's worth for less than a 5qt jug of M1 at WMart( oil price ).

I actually got my 2 deals plus I had a $10 PB rewards card so I got 10 qts of RP 5W20( new API SN stuff )and 2 RP filters for $60. The new Jeep only takes 5 qts so the 2 deals cover me for a year. I will keep my eye out for the next good deal and grab it when I can. If that fails, and I need to do an OC, it will be off to the speed shop I usually buy it at where it is appprox $7.50 a qt now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.