Hemi Truck Club banner

First oil change looming - what to use???

4K views 32 replies 10 participants last post by  BigART 
#1 ·
My first oil change will be coming up shortly. No idea what the OEM brand is or what the dealer's typically use. Since I've got 3 years of free oil changes figure I'll use the dealer for this.

What does everyone suggest? I've seen Mobil 1 or Royal Purple and Lucas additive. Advice???

#27 ·
I do not spout off false things about RP. If I have made an error about RP or any other brand I always owned up to it. I don't recall the thread you are talking about so I can't say if this is just another of your wild and unfounded attacks on me or true? If I posted something wrong about RP it was not intentional and if shown I was wrong, or I discovered it myself, I would have admitted/corrected it. So what, do you really believe you have never posted something that was false? I am not perfect and don't claim to be. You berating me and saying I am wrong is not showing me or anyone else I actually am wrong though. Links to recycled Amsoil marketing materials are not independent sources with unbiased results, showing what I said it wrong.

You won't "tolerate" me posting something you THINK is incorrect? Wow, since when did you buy HTC? Who appointed you god and protector of the oil forum? Yes, I agreed to stay out of the wars and to ignore you( and I have done so unless provoked ). You agreed to the same thing however yet you did not honor that pledge. You have a well established history of antagonism and especially towards me. As usual you always try and make it out like I started it as well which CLEARLY I did not do. The posting timeline in this thread documents who started what.

I answered the OP's question as unbiased as I could. I did not push RP on him nor try and talk him out of Amsoil or any brand. I simply gave him a list of oils from the brands he was looking at that meet the requirements of his warranty as set forth in his owner's manual( the info I posted was gathered from the 2012 Ram manual ). There was no attack on/comment to you personally nor anything negative about Amsoil. Not in my 1st post to the OP nor my 1st post to you in response to your post to me. Things got nasty starting with your 2nd post to me. Just a factual timeline sir. As always you have twisted things and taken every opportunity you can to go after me.

Not everyone saying a voided warranty repair by the dealer is BS is actually correct either so your point is not a valid one. There are lots of valid denials of repairs due to owner neglect, modifications, and down right stupidity on the part of the vehicle owner yet they still say the dealer is wrong. The fact remains I have actual hands on experience working dealer service and have seen what happens. My hands on experience lends a lot of credibility to my statements even if you try and dismiss it.

Based on that real world experience I try and give a compromise solution to make the owner happy and keep them warranty safe. I try and point out ways people can still do what they want and avoid any warranty hassle. Such as use Amsoil XL or OE, in the correct weight, and change it within the max allowed for time frame the car mfg's allows for if Amsoil is the brand you want to use. Why that offends you is beyond me? Sadly many actually believe they can do anything they want because they read it on the internet( must be true ). I feel bad for those people if God forbid something major happens. They then get hit with the reality of warranty and have to fight to get the repair covered. I don't want anyone to go through that so I point out what they need to do to avoid it and still do the things to their vehicle they want to. It can take weeks and months at the dealer level, or as long as a year+ in court, to fight a warranty denial and the whole time the car sits unfixed unless the owner pays out of pocket for it. Just not worth it with drivetrain component repairs running thousands and thousands of dollars these days.

Bottom line here is this is NOT your own personal web site nor forum. You do not have the right to decide who can post and what they can post. You do not have the right to attack those you disagree with. You do not scare me, you do not impress me with some vast amount of knowledge, and you will NOT run me out of here no matter how hard you try. I am not leaving so deal with it. Things will be as unpleasant and as hostile here as YOU make them. I don't come to HTC much these days after selling the truck but when I do though this is one of the forums I will visit. I will never be the 1st one to start it up with you but I will NOT let you personally attack me on these forums. I tried to work this out with you via PM to no avail. When Mr. Hemi finally stepped in I agreed, as you did, to stop posting to each other. YOU broke the pledge not me as you imply. I did not post to you until you posted to me. FACT!

When you stop( or are finally stopped ), it stops right there because I do not address posts to you or respond directly to things you post unless it is about me or to me. Again, FACT! If everything you said to me was not said TO ME, just said in a normal post or to someone else, I would not respond at all. The fact you direct it at me along with tons of insults means I will. Don't quote me, insult me, or challenge what I say every time I say something if you wish to avoid a dispute. I will not, and did not, address you until you started it up yet again. If you continue on I will defend myself until one of us is made to stop by the Mod's. Bottom line is you are the aggressor and I will NOT let you run me off or silence me.

#28 ·
Another long rant by you. Nothing changes. Just put me on your ignore list. That way you won't see me fix your posts. ROFLMAO!

#29 ·
Why do you guys always seem to get into it over this everyone has thier own opinons about everything! I have learned to get along with everyone over just about anything. It is not worth fighting over. I think both of you need to learn that we all have our own opinons!

#30 ·
Originally posted by rdsetgo:
Why do you guys always seem to get into it over this everyone has thier own opinons about everything! I have learned to get along with everyone over just about anything. It is not worth fighting over. I think both of you need to learn that we all have our own opinons!
I have no problems with peoples opinions rdsetgo. I'm not fighting with him either. I just don't like it when people pass their opinion as a fact. I also don't like it when incorrect facts are given. That's where I draw the line. It's not anything personal either. I think NHEMI knows that's my button and he likes to push it every 6 months or so. Beyond that I like the guy.

Happy Easter!

#31 ·
Originally posted by BigART:
It's not anything personal either. I think NHEMI knows that's my button and he likes to push it every 6 months or so.
I have stayed out of this following my last post as I spoke my peace and no more needed to be said. It would just lead to more bickering.

However, I am going to comment on this. Trust me when I tell you that what I post is not done with ANY thought of pushing your buttons or anything else related to you. As I said, I do not post to you and ignore your posts unless they are directed at me personally or about what I posted.

Period and end of story. I do not come here to fight with you. I would never post a thing to you if you would return the courtesy.

#32 ·
Originally posted by rdsetgo:
rdsetgo;

Would you do me a favor please and go back to the begining of this thread( to my 1st post where I respond to the OP ). Please tell me where I posted anything to BigArt personally, where I quoted anything he had posted directly, or even commented in the slightest on anything he hsd said to the OP - AT ALL - let alone that was confrontational or an attempt to stir anything up. My post was directed at the OP and was a direct answer to his intial questions. The info I gave was basically straight out of the onwer's manual of his truck along with some work experience advice added in. I did not bash Amsoil either so no grounds there to take anything wrong. Even when I replied to BA's 1st post to me I remained civil.

Now as you are sifting down through the posts please make note of who starts with the personal insults and attacks? At what point does the thread go from members answering the OP's question directly to a confrontational and derogatory post being made by one member to and about another?

Now, if you will do so with no bias you have no conclusion to draw but one. Then ask yourself the following. If everytime you posted in this forum you had to deal with being told you lie, post false info, don't know what you are talking about, are constantly belittled and talked down to, and so on... would you just ignore it and not defend yourself? How would you feel if time and time again such posts were made to you? Please be honest, how would you feel if someone was always putting you down no matter what you said?

If you can HONESTLY tell me you wouldn't care and would ignore it then so be it and you are a better man than I am. I do my best to ignore him but it is very difficult when you are constantly insulted and belittled.

THAT is why I argue with him and NO other reason. I have said it time and time again if he did not post to me/about me there would be no fighting. It does not "start" from my end but I will be damned if I am going to let him, or anyone else, say such crap about me and not respond. Most people would do the same.

I am sorry it happens but it takes two to stop. Why not contact a Mod and ask them to step in? Lord knows they won't do it when I ask.

#33 ·
NHEMI, now you want someone else to re-read your posts for you to see if they make sense?

C'mon man.

I do not think you're first post to the op had anything to do with me personally or an attack on AMSOIL. I merely wanted to make clear the difference about OEM, XL and warranty that you tried to explain incorrectly.

You go to far sometimes. Give it a rest already. Have a Coke and a Smile!

HONESTLY man.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.