Hemi Truck Club banner

Dead battery scare

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  HemiByrd 
#1 ·
This was the weirdest thing ever. Truck started just fine yesterday morning. Drove to my inlaws. About a 20 min drive. Stayed for about 45 min. Left to go eat lunch. Came back and stayed another hour or so. When i left truck started just fine again. Drove about 5 min stopped for some ice cream. Took about 10 min. Went back out. Turned the key and nothing. Wouldn't do anything. With the key off a lil red dot on the dash was blinking and the interior lights were blinking. I was a lil scared to say the least. Googled the problem and came back as a bad battery. I replaced it and she's back to normal. That lil red light scared the bageebers out of me.

#2 ·
This was the weirdest thing ever. Truck started just fine yesterday morning. Drove to my inlaws. About a 20 min drive. Stayed for about 45 min. Left to go eat lunch. Came back and stayed another hour or so. When i left truck started just fine again. Drove about 5 min stopped for some ice cream. Took about 10 min. Went back out. Turned the key and nothing. Wouldn't do anything. With the key off a lil red dot on the dash was blinking and the interior lights were blinking. I was a lil scared to say the least. Googled the problem and came back as a bad battery. I replaced it and she's back to normal. That lil red light scared the bageebers out of me.

#3 ·
Yeah, when a battery bites the dust on a computerized vehicle it often just decides to do it all at once. Glad you got it going again quickly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.