Hemi Truck Club banner

Check Engine Light

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Pops 
#1 ·
I had my check engine light come on friday morning, so I did the trick with the key to get the code which was a P0700, called the dealer and he said that it was transmission related. Went saturday to Autozone and had them pull codes and they got 2 of them P0700 and P0740. I looked them up on the web and got an explanation that there might be a problem with the fluid or that the tourqe converter has a lock up problem. With all of that being said, the commander has driven fine all weekend long and the engine light went out saturday evening and has not come back on. Any suggestions on what I should do!

See less See more
#2 ·
I had my check engine light come on friday morning, so I did the trick with the key to get the code which was a P0700, called the dealer and he said that it was transmission related. Went saturday to Autozone and had them pull codes and they got 2 of them P0700 and P0740. I looked them up on the web and got an explanation that there might be a problem with the fluid or that the tourqe converter has a lock up problem. With all of that being said, the commander has driven fine all weekend long and the engine light went out saturday evening and has not come back on. Any suggestions on what I should do!

#4 ·
P0700 Transmission Control System Malfunction
P0740 Torque Converter Clutch Circuit Malfunction

I'd take her in just to be sure...

#5 ·
It is going to go in tommorrow but I just found it odd that it went out and I have had no problems all weekend long. It has those dang gremlins in it I think!

#6 ·
The dealer was very busy today so they didn't get to look at for me but he said something about it having an 80k mile powertrain warranty. Does anyone know if this might be true?

#7 ·
My wifes 06 Durango runs fine---but the check engine light came on. I was able to get two codes-- P O520 Engine oil pressure sensor circuit and P O 3425 Cylinder 4 Deactivation Control Circuit I REPEAT THE THING RUNS FINE---Does anyone have any suggestion for these two codes and any corrective action that I can do. Thanks

#8 ·
The oil pressure switch code is common and likely just a bad switch simple fix.

The control circuit is most likely a bad #4 solenoid meaning it won’t activate MDS and the computer is letting you know the circuit is either (open, shorted +/-) this also is most likely just a bad mds activation solenoid but needs to be tested. You can pull the plug off the back of the drivers head and do a pin resistance test to confirm if it a issue or the pcm is the issue (not likely)

#9 ·
Check engine light

Thanks I will let you know how I make out

Reactions: arocketman
#10 ·
Check engine light

I changed the oil pressure sender sensor. Cleared both codes and nothing has come back(knock on wood)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.