underhood blanket - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > Technical Forums > Bumpers, Bars, Winches and Truck Bed

Old 06-08-2011, 03:49 PM   #1

anyone heard of an underhood blanket. You can put it under your hood to cover the underneath part of the hood. Some I have seen have stuff on them. I think they look cool to add a lil something when your hood is up at a car show.
Thanks Joe H.

03 Dodge Ram QC 5.7L Hemi 4x4. Brush Guard with lights. Vararam CAI. Hood Scoops. Flowmaster Muffler to Dual Exhaust rusted chrome tips LOL. HEMI front window decal. Little Chrome addons outside. Red racing strip seat covers. Flip-Out stereo with Kicker subwoofer. Superchip 3865. Diamond plate toolbox. Chrome third brake cover. And some stickers on the back window.
JoeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2011, 03:49 PM   #2

anyone heard of an underhood blanket. You can put it under your hood to cover the underneath part of the hood. Some I have seen have stuff on them. I think they look cool to add a lil something when your hood is up at a car show.
Thanks Joe H.
03 Dodge Ram QC 5.7L Hemi 4x4. Brush Guard with lights. Vararam CAI. Hood Scoops. Flowmaster Muffler to Dual Exhaust rusted chrome tips LOL. HEMI front window decal. Little Chrome addons outside. Red racing strip seat covers. Flip-Out stereo with Kicker subwoofer. Superchip 3865. Diamond plate toolbox. Chrome third brake cover. And some stickers on the back window.
Old 06-08-2011, 05:02 PM   #3
Retired BOD - Doug

Garage
I haven't seen anything except the factory ones.
I put mirrors and lights under mine.

RANCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2011, 05:05 PM   #4

Sounds cool actually. Also what do you recommend to do to clean an engine for a show.
Old 06-09-2011, 07:20 AM   #5
Retired BOD - Doug

Garage
I go to a car wash and clean it. The trick is to not let it get to bad between washings. Once at a show I spray some Cover All on a lot of the engine. Makes it shiny and gives a wet look.
I made a template out of cardboard and took them to a glass place to get the mirrors made. LED lights I got from Owllighting. They special in motorcycle lighting but for what I wanted they work great. Cluster lights and Step lights are what I use under the hood and dash. They use to be located here and my cousin worked for them so I got a better price.
All of the lights I bought are 7 years old and have been on a couple of different trucks. Not the best picture but it will give you an idea of how it looks. Here's a link to their product page.
http://www.owllighting.com/light_list.html
Let me know if I can help you any.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0966_-_Copy.jpg (288.9 KB, 140 views)

Old 06-09-2011, 02:03 PM   #6

well I mean you cant just straight up power wash it can you?
Old 06-09-2011, 02:57 PM   #7
Retired BOD - Doug

Garage
Sure! Just be careful around all the electrical circuits. As long as you don't hit any electrical connection or breaker box with a high pressure direct stream you shouldn't hurt anything. They are designed to keep rain and moisture out, under normal circumstances. I usually just this the compartment with a light spray to get the dust off and the engine itself with the high pressure. Same with the underside of the hood. Having an SRT hood allows bugs and dirt to get really bad here. Grasshoppers are hell around here this time of year.
If you have a cold air intake put a trash bag over the filter to keep it dry.

Old 06-12-2011, 07:56 PM   #8
Mopower or no Power!!

We have a polished stainless panel that mounts to your hood and covers the entire thing pretty much, and it can be engraved with virtually any picture you want. They look awesome! We are working on making some more affordable ones out of regular steel or aluminum panels that can be powdercoated and/or custom painted also. Should have the intial piece made this week...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DRHP100_HOOD_PANEL.jpg (141.6 KB, 113 views)

Phone: 573-258-9999

[email protected]
3rd Strike Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 08:31 PM   #9

That looks pretty sweet. Im gonna wait to see how the more affordable ones come out. But will be a customer for this in the furture.
Thanks
Old 06-13-2011, 03:25 AM   #10

Garage
Hey Duane, what is the cost of the unit shown on the picture above with the logo?

http://www.hemitruckclub.com/attachm...epic3972_3.gif
ROLLING THUNDER is offline   Reply With Quote