SLT to Sport front bumper - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > Technical Forums > Bumpers, Bars, Winches and Truck Bed

Old 05-03-2005, 09:15 AM   #1
Graphemi

SLT to Sport front bumper

Okay, I thought I read on this site somewhere that the Sport bumper had a different bumper beam than the SLT. Well, I started taking my SLT bumper off to get it started (Sport bumper is getting painted and mine is sold...Overlapped a little more than expected..haha) and I don't see a "beam." Just to posts going straight out from the frame and then two lateral "plates" I guess you would call them, one on each post with four bolts in each one. So...my question is, what is different about the Sports? Do I need to replace the "plates" I guess. Maybe they are slightly shorter? Any help would be appreciated. As long as I can get the Sport bumper on. LOL. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2005, 12:07 PM   #2

Hey how much did it cost? The Sport bumper I mean.

Dan, the Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 01:58 PM   #3
Graphemi

Well, I got real lucky. I found a sport grill with billet inserts and a rear bumper. I offered 300 bucks for it and the guy agreed as long as I would help him with shipping. Then i sold my front bumper for 400 bucks shipped and I know a guy that has a sport bumper that he is going to paint for me for a total of 200. So I have spent 545.00 so far but I have to buy the bumper beam. But I will make a little under 300 on my bumper, I sold my grill for 80 shipped and I am selling my rear bumper for 225.00 shipped. So I am almost going to break even. I only have the rear bumper left to sell. So, like I said, I got real lucky.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2005, 02:01 PM   #4
Graphemi

I think I answered my own question about the bumper beam. I see what I need, but hopefully the bumper plates are the same off of my truck, which I am told probably are. Anyone know for sure? Thanks.

Justyn
Old 05-03-2005, 03:46 PM   #5

Yes the main bumper brackets that go to the frame are the same from 02-05. Some of the outer brackets differ from year to year though.
KAWI9R is offline   Reply With Quote