Ram Aair induction - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > Technical Forums > Bumpers, Bars, Winches and Truck Bed

Old 02-18-2005, 09:30 AM   #1

Ram Aair induction

I know quite a few of us have the srt-10 hood, I was wondering if anyone had heard of a fuctional air induction system to fit it. I have had the air ram for over a year and have been very happy with it, but I'm always looking for something better.

jlhram is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2005, 11:05 AM   #2

Ram Aair induction

i have the same question. i have the keystone hood which is offered with a k&n system that works off the scoop. I could not get any numbers comparing it with the afe that i already had so i did not mess with it. any thoughts how much better, if any, that the direct system from the hood would be?
Hemiheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 12:58 PM   #3

Ram Aair induction

This be the bad boy that I want, functional at that! It makes the front of the truck look mean as hell! A get the hell out of my way look!

The nice thing is, it isn't made of fiberglass. It is made with OEM materials, same stuff used to make all the body panels on Saturns. Made from a metal mold with so it is supposed to fit just like a OEM hood. I have seen a couple inbstalled and OMG they look freaking awesome.

Then get the functional RAM AIR box, and the air goes right into you throttle body. No picking up and engine heat, and it is forces not sucked in.

We can get the SRT-10 hood for $988 from Art.
The Ram Air hood is an extra $52 then another $120 for the airbox. Thats painted for both of them. The only thing with the SRT-10 hood is it just brings air into the engine bay, not into your throttle body.

Now if you are getting a super charger who cares what kind of hood you get, LOL
MoneyHSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2005, 01:18 PM   #4

Ram Aair induction

Money what kinda off airbox does it have? i would like to fet one that had hoses that ran from the scoups into the throttle body. With some type of internal hose filter
Southern Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 01:37 PM   #5
Director Emeritus

Garage
Ram Aair induction

Money - just to clarify... Art offers the SRT-10 hood (including the inserts) for $575 (unpainted).
MrHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 02:41 PM   #6

Ram Aair induction

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by MrHemi:
Money - just to clarify... Art offers the SRT-10 hood (including the inserts) for $575 (unpainted).
This is a quote from Art's e-mail yesterday.
"You guys get the hoods for 560.00, paint runs 428.00 base coat / clear coat both sides of the hood factory finish."

Thats where I came up with the $988, sry didn't mean to make it seem like it was that much more. I posted prices with paint. yehaaaa!
Old 02-18-2005, 02:45 PM   #7

Ram Aair induction

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by SOUTHERN THUNDER:
Money what kinda off airbox does it have? i would like to fet one that had hoses that ran from the scoups into the throttle body. With some type of internal hose filter
Here are a couple of pics off their airbox with the SRT-10 hood!

Witht the RAM AIR Hood, it seals between the airbox and the hood.
Old 02-18-2005, 04:27 PM   #8

Ram Aair induction

Hey Money, can you post a link for the ram air hood that is in the picture that you posted in the window above?? I am very interested in that model hood and any info would be appreciated. Thanks.
Sylvester_R/T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 04:34 PM   #9

Ram Aair induction

The company is in Fort Meyers Florida, just about an hour and a half away from me. I think I will be picking it up when I order it!

Now I just got to s get that money saved up again! Whenm I first got my truck, everything was in the $300 range, now it is all in the $1000 range, what up with that!

Here is a link to their website!
www.ramairhood.com
Old 02-18-2005, 08:31 PM   #10

Ram Aair induction

If those are the ones from suncoast creations I have heard good and bad about them I remember one guy claims it didn't fit right and another ordered his already painted and it was already peeling when he got it. I have seen them on some trucks around Big D and they do look awesome. For now I'll stick with my steel srt-10 hood and my air ram cai and jet stream scoop. but I'll keep my eyes open.
jlhram is offline   Reply With Quote