looking for steps for the wifey - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > Technical Forums > Bumpers, Bars, Winches and Truck Bed

Old 07-19-2006, 08:53 AM   #1

looking for steps for the wifey

I am looking for some tubular side steps for my truck that wont break the bank but need to be pretty strong, as I am not a skinny person. What do you guys think, any one product better than the others?

drgrcr74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2006, 01:16 PM   #2

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by HEMI-LAW:
Do not buy Smittybilt!!!!!
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by drgrcr74:
I am looking for some tubular side steps for my truck that wont break the bank but need to be pretty strong, as I am not a skinny person. What do you guys think, any one product better than the others?
HEMI-LAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 04:22 PM   #3
Graphemi

Look into Manik bars. I don't care for sidesteps, but if I was going to buy some, they would be Manik. I believe they are stainless, but they have sweet angles on them that make them look real sharp. I believe they are a little pricier than the basic steps, but IMO well worth it. You figure, you buy cheap steps, and they rust in two years then you have to buy another set, when you could have just spent the extra $$ in the first place on a nice set that would last forever. Kind of like paying $200 for a drop in liner when you could have just got the spray in for $400. Know what I mean?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2006, 05:04 PM   #4

I have had Manik on my truck for nearly 3 years and no problem at all. No rust, no loose bolts.... Very happy with them. I can't remember the price or where I got them but they weren't too expensive because I am a cheap a$$!

They are 3" round pipe and the step area is pressed in rather than cut out. The ones I have bolt directly to the frame by replacing some of the body mount bolts. My father-in-law weighs 350lbs and they handle it fine.
AFHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 08:36 AM   #5

Do you have any pics of these steps or a link to them. If you do that would be great. Thanks guys.
drgrcr74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 07:10 PM   #6
Graphemi

http://www.manik.com/products/?id=3365

Part Number 258554TSP
Product Name Stainless Polished Tube Steps
Product Description Bolt-On Frame mounted. 3” Round Tubing with Plastic end-caps to seal out moisture. Tube depressed (not cut) to accommodate step pads, for additional strength. Solid mounting system using .25” steel vinyl dipped brackets.
Application Dodge Ram 1500 pickup 2002-2005 2WD,4WD ; Quad Cab Short Bed
Finish Stainless Polished
Dimension 16 x 8 x 115
UPS N
Weight 76
Old 07-21-2007, 10:26 AM   #7

I bought a set of stainless steel nerf bars about 3 years ago from a local shop. The name on the steps is ICI. I weigh about 215lbs. and I regularly stand on mine to wash the top of my truck with no problem.

Mike D

Black 04 quad cab/magnaflow cat back exhaust/22 inch chrome panther rims wrapped in nitto tires/2 10" lanzar subs in custom box/kenwood head unit/tinted windows/undercover hard tonneau cover/ICI stainless steel nerf bars.
Black Beauty 345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 12:17 AM   #8
Director Emeritus

Check out the Nasta brand. I've had mine two years and they look as good as the day I installed them.

As far as I know, they are the only brand where every single piece is stainless steel. I live where they load the roads with the salt in winter and not one spot of rust or discoloration.

Price was around $220.00 or so, and yes they are pretty solid too.

Pup
HEMI-PUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 12:15 PM   #9
semo03hemiram

Pup, they are a lot more than that now. Nasta's are about $350 or so. I have about 7 manufacturers all in that price range, all in stainless steel.
Old 07-24-2007, 08:00 PM   #10
Director Emeritus

Wow. Yeah, it's been a couple of years but it's good to know that more are coming out all stainless, hopefully like Nasta, every single nut, bolt, washer etc.

Thanks for the info.

Pup
HEMI-PUP is offline   Reply With Quote