How is the Retrax Cover? - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > Technical Forums > Bumpers, Bars, Winches and Truck Bed

Old 04-19-2011, 08:40 PM   #1

How is the Retrax Cover?

I've had an Undercover on my '05 QC SB and it has served me well over the years but I'm ready for a set it and forget it cover, not wanting to remove the cover when I need to carry a load that needs the bed open. I know I don't want a soft cover and I remember drooling over the Retrax cover in the shop that sold/installed my Undercover but wasn't sure I wanted something that ate up truck bed space in the front with the cannister. Now, after five years, I realize that extra little space is taken up by junk and the need for that space has been less than the amount of times I've taken the the Undercover off my bed.

It's nice to see Retrax is still around, anyone have the cover and have had issues? I will say one thing about the Undercover, my bed is always bone dry. Wouldn't want to see that go away.

xJO98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2011, 05:16 AM   #2
HEMIRAM07

How is the Retrax Cover?

Rancher,,has one and he loves it.You can pm him,,,and he can get you in touch with the place that makes them.
Old 04-20-2011, 07:58 AM   #3
&quotRANCHER&quot

How is the Retrax Cover?

I've been running a Retrax since 2005. The only issue I have ever had is the carbon fiber cover itself scratches pretty east. Retrax replaced one at no cost to me. I think the canister needs more or better insulation. There is a new cover they have now that is powder coated aluminum. It looks good and tough but I'll bet it's pricy too. BigBlock (Dave) posted a picture of it in one of the threads in this section.

Likes: Low profile, pretty dry - occasionally I get a little damp around the tailgate...bad seal. Looks good and very functional. Easy to haul different size items without having to remove.
Dislikes: occasional rattling at high speeds with cross winds...not loud, but some of us don't like any sounds we don't make.

Hope this helps...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2011, 08:34 AM   #4

How is the Retrax Cover?

We sell the RetraxPro (made of powdercoated aluminum) for $1,379 for a short bed and $1,495 for a long bed.

We sell the black Retrax (made of Lexan) for $1,000 and the silver cover for $1,050.

If you live in Texas, add 8.25% sales tax. The prices above include shipping!

The Lexan Retrax is no longer available for long beds. If you have a long bed, you have to go with the RetraxPro.

Let me know if you have any questions!
BigBlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 06:08 PM   #5

How is the Retrax Cover?

Thanks everyone. I think I'm gonna go for it, the dealer that originally put my Undercover on also carries Retrax. Just need decide between the regular vs. Pro.

Hey BigBlock, is the canister design on the Pro the same as the regular model or has that been upgraded?
Old 04-20-2011, 08:31 PM   #6
&quotRANCHER&quot

How is the Retrax Cover?

Check pricing too! I think they can drop ship them to you and you "may" get a better price from Dave. Easy to install.
Old 04-21-2011, 09:07 AM   #7

How is the Retrax Cover?

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by xJO98:
Thanks everyone. I think I'm gonna go for it, the dealer that originally put my Undercover on also carries Retrax. Just need decide between the regular vs. Pro.

Hey BigBlock, is the canister design on the Pro the same as the regular model or has that been upgraded?
It's the same.

Remember, if you buy from me, you won't have to pay sales tax since you live in CT.

I agree with Rancher, it's a pretty easy install.
BigBlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 07:07 PM   #8

How is the Retrax Cover?

Got the Retrax Pro put on this past Friday along with a Bully tailgate lock and Undercover Swing Case. After using this cover for just two days I'm already asking myself why didn't I get this to begin with???
Old 05-07-2011, 08:28 PM   #9
&quotRANCHER&quot

How is the Retrax Cover?

They may not be for everyone but I love mine.
Old 05-08-2011, 09:34 PM   #10

How is the Retrax Cover?

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by xJO98:
Got the Retrax Pro put on this past Friday along with a Bully tailgate lock and Undercover Swing Case. After using this cover for just two days I'm already asking myself why didn't I get this to begin with???
Its a great cover. I have been very happy with mine and even more so with their customer service.

Since you got the Pro you probably don't have to worry about it but for those with the normal cover you have to be careful what you clean it with. A carwash put something on it while I wasn't watching and a couple days later the cover got wet and that stuff left stain marks. They had to buy me a replacement.
Bill_L is offline   Reply With Quote