hood open - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > Technical Forums > Bumpers, Bars, Winches and Truck Bed

Old 02-18-2012, 03:50 PM   #1

how hard would it be to make my hood reverse open

Texas Born, Texas Bread and soon i will be Texas Dead

rebelbear77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2012, 03:50 PM   #2

how hard would it be to make my hood reverse open

Old 02-19-2012, 04:26 AM   #3
Retired BOD - Doug

Garage
Nathan and Phil have both reversed theirs. You can find a picture of Nathans (RollingThunder) in about any Florida thread. I think he went to Ohio from Florida to have it done...

RANCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2012, 03:13 PM   #4

ok would it be a hard DIY project to under take or are there its out there to do it

Old 02-19-2012, 03:43 PM   #5
Retired BOD - Doug

Garage
I don't have a clue, but Phill can tell you. He's VP of the Ohio chapter so drop down there or find one of his post and send him a PM. He's the guru on that project....also why Rolling Thunder went to Ohio to get his done.

Old 02-19-2012, 05:29 PM   #6

Garage
It's not a very difficult job if you are handy with a welder. It 'can' be done in 1 day but 2 is better.
What year is your truck? on my 04 I had no clearance issues between the grille and bumper but on Nathan's, the grille hit the rubber insert in the bumper as it rotated around.
The basic design is a pair of plates drilled to fit the lower radiator support bolt patern that come out and down a little to just behind the grille. I used 3/8 pipe to create a hinge and then come from the hinge up to the bottom of the hood withh 3/4 square tube with about a 6" piece extending backover the top of the upper radiator support. The hood is cut for clearance for the 6" piece and then welded to it. Cross brace the 2 uprights( I used 1/2" sqare tube). Remove the factory hood hinges and install a set of hoodpins in the cowl area and your done.

HEMI's and Wings
Nothing better for a Sunday Drive

Homemade front tilt hood with mini MOPAR Pro Stock Style hood scoop, Self made air intake, Carr Hoops steps, Glasscapes window treatment, AVS chrome taillight covers and in channel visors, custom dual exhaust with Dyno Max muffler and cutouts, custom 'hockey stick' graphics, SportMaster Tonnue cover,ECCO 80w Corner strobe Kit, VR3 Back up camera system, MOPAR Rear wheel well liners, Superchips3815,purple neon underbody kit and windshield washer LED's

Phill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 04:01 AM   #7

Garage
Quote:
What year is your truck? on my 04 I had no clearance issues between the grille and bumper but on Nathan's, the grille hit the rubber insert in the bumper as it rotated around.

Phill did a great job. The difference did cause some problems. I have had had to cut the bottom three inches off of my grill. If your is a 2006 or newer, wait a bit until I get mine redone. I am working on a redesign hinge that will lift the assemble up and out a bit. Working on prototype now. My design is headed in the right direction but still needs massaging.

Again, I want to thank Phill. He did mine outside in the dead of winter with six inches of snow on the ground. What a man.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6381021136_rollingthunder.jpg (111.9 KB, 37 views)

http://www.hemitruckclub.com/attachm...epic3972_3.gif
ROLLING THUNDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 12:22 PM   #8
Retired BOD - Doug

Garage
You guys are awesome!!!