Extreme Liner - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > Technical Forums > Bumpers, Bars, Winches and Truck Bed

Old 04-01-2008, 08:24 PM   #1

Extreme Liner

Anyone had Extreme Liner sprayed in the bed yet? What did you think. My local Line-X dealer of Freindswood, TX went belly up. Extreme Liner bought them out, never used it.

crazyredneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2008, 11:36 PM   #2

Extreme Liner

i have it,it was trown in the deal when i bought the truck,they send it out to get it done its a local shop that does it .i like it no problems and lifetime warantee i have a cover on the bed so it dont see any weather.the liner in under the rail and black in color.they make it to match your color as well. now from what im told it they can spray on 2 diff styles one smooth and the other rough i have the smooth the only thing is when i had a plastic cooler in it it slide all over the place so i took a peice of carpet and out that in so thing dont slid put i never hauled anyting in it not even mulch only fishing rods and gear.
hemimike06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 11:58 PM   #3

Extreme Liner

Thanks for the info...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2008, 09:29 AM   #4

Extreme Liner

The Extreme Liner dealer in my area went belly up, I still have his business card and brochure.

The Extreme Liner dealer near Houston WAS a LINE-X dealer that had his franchise taken away. I'm not sure why, so buyer beware.

Extreme does not offer a lifetime warranty that's valid nationwide. So, if he goes out of business, your out of luck. Also, they do not have a product like LINE-X Xtra. Their UV product is strickly a topcoat that can easily be worn down.

Here's pictures of an Extreme Liner being taken out of a Ford. The owner actually striped it out and we installed LINE-X. If you want to communicate with the owner of the truck, he goes by RollingRock on F-150online.com
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v413/123Gone/Other%20Brands/Extreme2.jpg">

Here's the LINE-X bedliner we installed after Extreme was taken out:
[i]This message has been edited. Last edited by:
BigBlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 09:26 PM   #5

Extreme Liner

You can see where the prep work was very poor. Any shiney surfaces will not bond to the liners. It takes time to get it right. I will be watching, not dropping off my truck. As far as the Line X dealer in Friendswood, they have had some really good stuff said about them. I think I will be driving to Beaumont for Line-X. I want to test my freeway mileage anyway, getting 9-10 MPG in town and thats driving like grandma. Thanks for the pics, really helpful, shows why the other liner failed. One of the local guys shoot Speedliner, very tough stuff, only one DOT approved for exterior applications that I know of. These guys build the WhiteTail Trucks. Remote steering towers and stuff. Many of the trucks from years ago are driving around and still look great. Oh the choices.
Old 04-03-2008, 09:26 AM   #6

Extreme Liner

Speedliner is a significantly different product. It's a solvent based polyurea paint similiar to marine paint. Due to the solvent being ethyl acetate, all Speedliner dealers MUST be in an approved paint spray booth. There's the problem, most dealers are not. Look for OSHA to be shutting down these dealers. OSHA already shut down the Speedliner dealer in Arlington, TX.

LINE-X and Extreme do not contain solvents and are EPA exempt.
Old 04-03-2008, 04:27 PM   #7

Extreme Liner

This place was a paint booth...Drove by today and they have closed the buisnes anyway. They were a small time buisness.
Old 04-03-2008, 05:45 PM   #8

Extreme Liner

If you had Speedliner installed by these folks and had a problem, you'd be out of luck. They do not offer a nationwide warranty.

I should modify my prior post to include a paint spray booth with a full fire suppression system.

Speedliner, Superliner, and Scorpian are all in the same boat with this problem.
Old 04-03-2008, 10:07 PM   #9

Extreme Liner

I can second the paint spray booth with the fire suppresion system. Very expensive. These guys become a speedliner or xtreme dealer simply because Speedliner and xtreme will simply sell you enough for you to actually become dangerous. From research, Line-x is a different league as far as business, warranty, quality of investment in order to even be considered a franchisee. Any fly by night can spray xtreme or speedliner. Buyer beware. Don't get me wrong if the right person is doing the work properly you could get a liner to fit your needs. For me it is not worth it to risk it. I would recommend Line-x myself. Coast to coast warranty. They stand behind their product and will be around in the future as these other shops open and close.
SLAMLLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 01:40 AM   #10
07-HEMI POWERED

Extreme Liner

wow i was looking in to have that done holy crap