Extang Sabre Tonneau in cold weather - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > Technical Forums > Bumpers, Bars, Winches and Truck Bed

Old 04-14-2005, 06:58 AM   #1

Extang Sabre Tonneau in cold weather

I mentioned this in another post but thought it would fit in better here. Getting the Sabre cover with the J45 seal back on in cold weather is a real B*!#@. The easiest way I have found to do it is to leave the bows off to begin with (at least the center bow). Put the cover on without the bows then slide in the bed on your back and install the bows. It's still kind of a pain in the , but a lont easier than trying to stretch the cover over the bows. Hope someone finds this helpful.

AFHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2005, 08:01 AM   #2

thanks AFHemi - I would do that but my fat would only get stuck like a turtle and then I would freeze to death -
Any way I too agree it is much easier to put on in the clod with out the bows - you get that extra you need to seal the tailgate end
2004flameredHEMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 08:52 AM   #3
hoover001

Put a small electric heater in the back of the truck and close the tailgate with the cover laying loosly over the top. After a few minutes it will warm up and it will be easier to install. Hope this helps. I have the same type of cover and it worked well.