Checkmate/Checker - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > Technical Forums > Bumpers, Bars, Winches and Truck Bed

Old 03-21-2008, 06:41 PM   #1

Checkmate/Checker

Does anyone but UncBob have one? Im thinking of getting one but i want to know a couple things. First is how well does it keep rain out.. and will it hold up to snow? I see it holds 100lbs but i think a few inches of snow can weigh more than that.

I also wanted to see a pic of how it meets up with the tailgate.. i was looking into getting a tailgate spoiler that sort of goes down into the tailgate to mount (not the OEM one).. and i wanted to see if it would fit.

How do these latch down? Those rubber hooks i saw as an option on the website?

Thanks for the info!

Slideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2008, 07:01 AM   #2

Garage
Checkmate/Checker

I've got one, wanted a super low profile tonneau. Ok, as far as rain tight, it should be cause it sits flush on the bed n gate(about 1" lip with seal). I havn't painted yet so the seals off(Maye uncle bob chime in on water tightness).If you go with a gate wing, you'll probably have to trim it to fit then rework you seal at that area(I've got a Daytona n had to trim a tad off at the wing areas). As far as the wieght, not an engineer here n can't vouch for the product but I would imagine their 100lb rating is in any givnig area as if a kid were to get on it. The snow would be distributed and probably not have the same effect, just don't know. Now, on how their attached..The stock hinges are cheap, but they sell an upgrade. And those rubber latches come with it, but they offer an upgrade their too. Here'some pics. This message has been edited. Last edited by: MrHemi, document.write(''+ myTimeZone('Sat, 22 Mar 2008 05:19:49 GMT-0700', '22 March 2008 08:19 AM')+''); 22 March 2008 08:19 AM
MOPAR78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 07:06 AM   #3

Garage
Checkmate/Checker

Here's a close up, the black trim sets about a 1/2 on the truck all the way aroud. you would have to trim it off at the gate area probably if ya put on a gate spoiler, don't know how they look n attach. This message has been edited. Last edited by: MrHemi, document.write(''+ myTimeZone('Sat, 22 Mar 2008 05:20:27 GMT-0700', '22 March 2008 08:20 AM')+''); 22 March 2008 08:20 AM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2008, 10:06 AM   #4

Checkmate/Checker

They are a really sweet cover. I met up wit UNCBob and he showed me his truck. I love the cover because it is so lo-pro. It really is a great look. He would meet up with ya to show you the cover if you wanted. Maybe we could do a mini GTG. I live within 20 minutes of him. He's not on here all the time so if he doesn't respond right away just sit tight.
Hemi Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 03:44 PM   #5

Checkmate/Checker

Hey Mopar do you have a good pic of how close it fits to your tailgate? Im trying to get an idea of how much i'd have to trim to get it to fit good. Im not too worried about rain in the rear section as much as the front.. i want to get a bedrug eventually so i dont want it all soaked up front. Looks like it would be good enough rain proof.

From the pic on ebay it looks like the spoiler is molded around the bare metal tailgate and then screws into it from front of truck to back. I would assume some 2x tape on the back side also.. they arent very clear or responsive with questions. I just really want the Craftsman Nascar look with my truck... and until now the only way to get it was the Gaylord or Innovations cover.. +$1k

Thanks for the help
Slideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 04:46 PM   #6

Garage
Checkmate/Checker

Here ya go!! Hot off the press...The rear lip is actually 1 1/2" wide. It covers the gate only a 1/2". So ya got a 1" to play with. I bet the spoiler doesn't add more than a 1/2" to the gate and you could cut the lip to fit and add a thicker gasket to the tonneau cover so it would seal against the spoiler. I'm seeing that it's a do-able deal. Hope the pic's help. This message has been edited. Last edited by: MOPAR78, document.write(''+ myTimeZone('Thu, 27 Mar 2008 04:56:35 GMT-0700', '27 March 2008 07:56 AM')+''); 27 March 2008 07:56 AM
Old 03-26-2008, 04:47 PM   #7

Garage
Checkmate/Checker

Another....Go for it man!! Don't fear the customized mod!!