Black!!!! - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > Technical Forums > Bumpers, Bars, Winches and Truck Bed

Old 03-03-2005, 06:02 PM   #1

Black!!!!

Ok all you folks with those black rigs chime in what wax/polish combo do you use. My neighbor likes collinite wax I found this web site
www.properautocare.com seems kinda expensive.
any opinions?

3girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2005, 06:08 PM   #2
*Damn*its*gotta*Hemi*

Black!!!!

MaGuires Next Generation.. I have the Graphite, but damn does she shine. I use the three step process they have like 2 times a year, and I wax her in between the entire process. Back to Black is a good product for the plastic molding, etc on the truck. Works great on the interior as well. Does not need to be black material either. Works on grey, etc.
Old 03-03-2005, 09:10 PM   #3

Black!!!!

Ditto what DIGH said.
Freeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2005, 11:27 PM   #4
TXHEMI &amp TJHEMI

Black!!!!

I use MacGuires too. The Mr. Clean carwash really helps. The spot free rinse makes waxing alot easier, and touch-up with a Clalifornia duster and MacGuires spray.

Tex
Old 03-03-2005, 11:48 PM   #5
shsuhemi

Black!!!!

paint it like i did
Old 03-03-2005, 11:54 PM   #6
*Damn*its*gotta*Hemi*

Black!!!!

TxHemi. what maguires spray are you talking about? What does it do?
Old 03-04-2005, 12:40 AM   #7

Black!!!!

I use polish from Zaino:
http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc

I apply twice a year, which is pretty good considering where we live. I don't have a black truck...but it should work just as well.

Zaino is a polish not a wax, it contains no waxes. The things I like about this product are:
#1 I only have to apply twice a year.
#2 Does not permit bird droppings or water spots to blemish paint surface.
#3 It is easy to apply with little residue.

Meguiars has just come out with a product that also does not contain any waxes called "Tech Wax":
http://www.meguiars.com/store_meguia...-127&store=meg

I used to use strictly Mcquire's products before I switched to Zaino's and I think they make a great product too. Several members have used it and like it alot. I have not tried it yet. It is cheaper than Zaino. This message has been edited. Last edited by: TooTallll, document.write(''+ myTimeZone('Thu, 03 Mar 2005 22:52:47 GMT-0800', '04 March 2005 01:52 AM')+''); 04 March 2005 01:52 AM
TooTallll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 07:49 AM   #8
TXHEMI &amp TJHEMI

Black!!!!

It's a detail spray that you use between waxes. Works great, and let's you know when it's time to wax again. When you spray it on, it hazes up like wax. As you buff it off, you can feel when the surface is getting a little rough and time to wax. Great stuff, and reduces the number of time you have to wax!

Tex
Old 03-04-2005, 09:23 AM   #9
Retired BOD - Doug

Garage
Black!!!!

I use the Meguiers Tech Wax and Meguires Detailer too...don't laugh but I had to buy some Turtle Wax Ultra Gloss Detailer a few months back and it seems to be the same as the Meguires and it's cheaper. I also use the Long Haul products and they are about as good as any and nothing comes close when it comes to cleaning. The last time I ordered from them I got my usual Degreaser and bug remover, but I also got a bottle of their Truck Polish. I haven't tried it yet but if it's as good as their other stuff I know I'll love it.
RANCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 11:54 AM   #10
*Damn*its*gotta*Hemi*

Black!!!!

Just picked up som of the Detailing Spray from Maguires today when I got some Hawk Brake pads for my wife's Furd Expedition.. Just washed and took care of the Hemi yesterday, wife drove the truck today and its raining soI guess Ill get to use it when she gets home or I trade vehicles with her.