Anyone have "Armor Lid"? - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > Technical Forums > Bumpers, Bars, Winches and Truck Bed

Old 01-05-2008, 05:03 PM   #1

Anyone have "Armor Lid"?

I found this website that has abs tonneaus. They are like $500 from them with free shipping, but a guy has them on ebay for 199 with 99 shipping. He has them as factory seconds. He didn't say why they are seconds. They are the rough black finish which should look ok on my black truck. The only thing is they may warp over time. Do you think it's worth it to save $500 or more over a fiberglass cover that I will still have to paint? Opinions welcome.
Dan O

Lid website:
http://www.armorlid.com/

Guy on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...TQ:MOTORS:1123

Thanks

Dan O is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2008, 12:39 AM   #2

Anyone have "Armor Lid"?

I just got mine 2 weeks ago. I will say, looking down the side is a little bit wavy. The thing seals tight as hell though. I had to adjust the latches all the way out to have them catch. It has been keeping my bed dry though, that is what is important to me. Your cover may be better, it may be worse. That's the fun with buying a factory 2nd. As long as you don't mind a *little* imperfection, you should be ok. It also came with a built in LED light under the cover that requires 2 AA batteries. I give it a 7 out of 10. Not bad for a fraction of a "perfect" one.
Hemi Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 11:50 AM   #3

Anyone have "Armor Lid"?

Thanks for the heads-up guys! I just purchased and installed one of those factory seconds from Zigs auto. This is definitely the best deal around (other than free!) The cover is a honeycomb structure with concentric rectangular supports between the inner and outer layers. The inner layer is perfectly flat and seals agains the truck. The outer top layer is what is bowed between the different internal supports. It doesn't look that bad because of the textured surface and works fine. If you want a perfect one, I think the same Zigs is selling those for 400 on ebay.

I installed it over my Mopar drop-in under-rail liner and on top of Mopar bed rail caps and there were no fitment issues. No scales, but it felt about like the 60lbs they claim and I walked across it to test it's strength.

Thanks again
LeadSled is offline   Reply With Quote