PW / PL light issue ?? - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > Technical Forums > Headlights and Lighting

Old 03-18-2012, 12:17 PM   #1
WVDan

Garage
Hey Guys, I am inmy first month of Hemi ownership and getting mine up to my stsndards ie. completely cleaned and all items functional. I have noticed at night now, the only switch for windows or locks that actually lights uo is the driver side PL switch, none of the other little green light tips on any of the switches come on , not even the power pedals, would this be a fuse or is it like Ford where you have to replace the whole switch just to correct the malfuctioning light?
Also passenger power window switch just crapped out today , no function at all, I have to check but its probably not a fuse...
Anyones speedometer during start ever completely circle the whole guage and actually go uo under zero staying there until you turn off , wait a second and turn back on, it then returns back to zero on the right side and operates fine.. it has done that 3 times in my first couple weeks of owbership. 2004 Laramie.
Might as well ask this too - Drivers power seat one of the 3 switches doesn't work, now it does actuate the motor but there is no seat movement, it is the rear most switch I believe for back of seat tilt. Can I fix or does the whole system need replaced. Thanks !!! Dan

2004 Hemi Ram 1500 Laramie Quad Cab-4WD. White with Chrome acccents smoked lighting w/CCFL Halo's on factory 20's, 3.92 LSD, Flowmaster Super 44 Cat Back Dual w/ Magnaflow Y-Pipe, Volant CAI, McCloskey TB Spacer, Sonnax LPB.Billet Interior accy's. Truxedo tonneau, Custom Badging,Superchips 3865 w/Trans upgrade, Rancho RS9000XL's x 4, Prothane Poly Bushings.
WVDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2012, 12:17 PM   #2
WVDan

Garage
Hey Guys, I am inmy first month of Hemi ownership and getting mine up to my stsndards ie. completely cleaned and all items functional. I have noticed at night now, the only switch for windows or locks that actually lights uo is the driver side PL switch, none of the other little green light tips on any of the switches come on , not even the power pedals, would this be a fuse or is it like Ford where you have to replace the whole switch just to correct the malfuctioning light?
Also passenger power window switch just crapped out today , no function at all, I have to check but its probably not a fuse...
Anyones speedometer during start ever completely circle the whole guage and actually go uo under zero staying there until you turn off , wait a second and turn back on, it then returns back to zero on the right side and operates fine.. it has done that 3 times in my first couple weeks of owbership. 2004 Laramie.
Might as well ask this too - Drivers power seat one of the 3 switches doesn't work, now it does actuate the motor but there is no seat movement, it is the rear most switch I believe for back of seat tilt. Can I fix or does the whole system need replaced. Thanks !!! Dan
2004 Hemi Ram 1500 Laramie Quad Cab-4WD. White with Chrome acccents smoked lighting w/CCFL Halo's on factory 20's, 3.92 LSD, Flowmaster Super 44 Cat Back Dual w/ Magnaflow Y-Pipe, Volant CAI, McCloskey TB Spacer, Sonnax LPB.Billet Interior accy's. Truxedo tonneau, Custom Badging,Superchips 3865 w/Trans upgrade, Rancho RS9000XL's x 4, Prothane Poly Bushings.
WVDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 03:06 PM   #3

I too, have an '04 Laramie, and addressed this issue long ago on this forum.

It is essentially this:

1. One of the passenger door switches does not light up with the ignition on, but will light up with the key in ACC. (I did my research before trying to get the stealership to fix it) They came back and told me that it is essentially a software glitch in the ECU; and they were not going to fix it. So I live with it.

Speedometer issue sounds like the Instrument Cluster has a problem.

The power seat switch should be available as a single switch, but try Dodge Parts, and search the OEM parts section .

Good Luck!

When you put the gun in the holster, put the ego in the gun safe!

I view Nitrous like that hot chick with an STD; you want to hit it, but you're afraid of the consequences....
OldBaldie is offline   Reply With Quote