Need input on headlight bulbs - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > Technical Forums > Headlights and Lighting

Old 04-24-2012, 07:42 PM   #1

Garage
Hey folks, just installed my new headlight housings and decided to toss my H13 Silverstars. They were yellow than the original bulbs that came with the truck. Anyways, just for fun, i grabbed a set of H13's from PepBoys, you know...the goofy looking pairs you see down their custom accessory aisle. Well to my suprise, I can see just as far as I could with the silverstars and they are much "whiter" but they are still not what I want. Just got them to get rid of the silverstars for now. Does anyone have a reccomendation for replacement bulbs? Dont want to go with HID's but am looking for same HID look. What bulbs do you have? Also would like to find a brand that offers a matching fog light (h13 and a h10).

Sleeperhemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2012, 07:42 PM   #2

Garage
Hey folks, just installed my new headlight housings and decided to toss my H13 Silverstars. They were yellow than the original bulbs that came with the truck. Anyways, just for fun, i grabbed a set of H13's from PepBoys, you know...the goofy looking pairs you see down their custom accessory aisle. Well to my suprise, I can see just as far as I could with the silverstars and they are much "whiter" but they are still not what I want. Just got them to get rid of the silverstars for now. Does anyone have a reccomendation for replacement bulbs? Dont want to go with HID's but am looking for same HID look. What bulbs do you have? Also would like to find a brand that offers a matching fog light (h13 and a h10).
Sleeperhemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:42 PM   #3
Farrrrrr East Coast

Garage
piaa extreme white are suppose to be good, fogs behind the grill help alot as well...i diddled around before hids and im never looking back, best think i ever did in regards to lighting. i love it

NewfieBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2012, 02:38 PM   #4

Garage
They made HIDs illegal in Pa so I wound up buying Hella YellowStars for the fogs behind the grille which casts a yellow which I wasn't crazy about in the beginning but ever since a bad rain storm followed by a bad fog, I won't give up my yellowstars
09 Ram 2500 Reg Cab Long Bed SXT, 5.7L Hemi, Auto, 4X4, aFe Stage 2 CAI, Poweraid TB Spacer, Aero 3030 Muffler, Leveling kit, 285/70R17 Tires, Undercover Tonneau Cover, StreetGlow blue neons in cab, Aux back-up/work lights taken off a JD tractor, Dual Beam Off-Road lights behind grille off of a JD tractor with Hella H4 130/100w Yellow Stars

RescueRam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:12 AM   #5

I think the head lights on the 12's suck. I traveled 28 miles with the high beams on and didn't get flashed once. While i was on Long Island for thanksgiven i went to audio sound in Patchague and had 8k HID's put in. Now i can see a lot better at night. I think if enough of us complane about it RAM might do something. My dealer said try it
Tony Rocha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:23 PM   #6

Garage
I know sylvania claims their ZXE lights are one step below HID, thats what we sell at VIP auto parts where I work. I haven't seen anyone fork out the dough for em yet. They are bluish white are supposed to be bright. But I never even drive without my fogs on just because the first couple feet in the front of my truck always dark and I don't like it!!!! but you could try em they are kinda pricy though

Westin nerf bars, BFG All-Terrain 285/70R17, Truxport tonneau cover, AVS Ventshades, AFE CAI, Recon LED Tailights and 3rd Brake light, OEM Foglight upgrade, Best mod of all-----My lead foot
5.7 liters of freedom is offline   Reply With Quote