ADDING FACTORY FOG LIGHT TO A 2011 RAM 1500 ST - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > Technical Forums > Headlights and Lighting

Old 09-01-2011, 07:19 PM  

Garage
Hi guys, curious to know how difficult it would be to add factory fog lights to a 2011 Ram 1500 ST? The bumper it has now is just a gunmetal colored bumper with no fog cutouts. I would like to put a 2011 Chrome SLT bumper with fog cutouts on it and install the factory lights. That part will be easy, I wonder about the wiring though. Is it as easy as replacing the headlight switch on the dash (with fog option)and running the wires into the cab? What about the High Beams being turned on and the fogs turning off... you know? Is this going to be a pain? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2011, 07:19 PM  

Garage
Hi guys, curious to know how difficult it would be to add factory fog lights to a 2011 Ram 1500 ST? The bumper it has now is just a gunmetal colored bumper with no fog cutouts. I would like to put a 2011 Chrome SLT bumper with fog cutouts on it and install the factory lights. That part will be easy, I wonder about the wiring though. Is it as easy as replacing the headlight switch on the dash (with fog option)and running the wires into the cab? What about the High Beams being turned on and the fogs turning off... you know? Is this going to be a pain? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 09-02-2011, 03:42 PM  

Garage
I'm not sure with the new trucks but would have t assume that it is the sameas when I looked into it on my 04.
All the factory wiring should be in place, they use the same harness for all trucks and the its just a matter of plugging in each end in to the lights and switch after you swap the headlight switch. The high beams will cutout as that is the way the switch is configured.

HEMI's and Wings
Nothing better for a Sunday Drive

Homemade front tilt hood with mini MOPAR Pro Stock Style hood scoop, Self made air intake, Carr Hoops steps, Glasscapes window treatment, AVS chrome taillight covers and in channel visors, custom dual exhaust with Dyno Max muffler and cutouts, custom 'hockey stick' graphics, SportMaster Tonnue cover,ECCO 80w Corner strobe Kit, VR3 Back up camera system, MOPAR Rear wheel well liners, Superchips3815,purple neon underbody kit and windshield washer LED's

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2012, 05:36 AM  

I Have 2011 ram 1500 slt , y didnt have fog lamps , I bought a new chrome bumper with fog cut outs , and i bought the fog lamps , wire harness , switch form moperdodge.com for $204.00 and had them shipped to calgary ab
Old 01-06-2012, 07:00 AM  

Garage
Sleeper, You may not have to run wiring. My last one had been pre-wired at the factory. All I had to do was to install the new headlight switch that had the provision for the fog lights and it was all plug and play from there.

Rabbit, Welcome to the World of Hemi.

Be sure to check the Canadian chapter to find other members up there.

BTW, Come on down and visit in Sunny Florida.

http://www.hemitruckclub.com/attachm...epic3972_3.gif
Old 01-09-2012, 09:28 PM  

If you want it to be factory you will need the bumpers, fog light mounting brackets,fog lights, fog light wire harness, new headlight switch, 2 new quad bulb headlight housings, bulbs and the most important part,,,,The main headlight wire harness that is on national back order. After you spend hours removing the main headlight harness and installing the new one and hooking everything else up, your truck will have to be programmed at the dealer for them to work. Most dealers will tell you it can't be done since there is no sales code to enter for a truck with no factory fog lights and you can get it using the VIN# from a truck that has them. The canbus wiring system is a pain in the but to work with and your better off adding the fog lights to a separate after market switch. I've done several 09+ trucks and can point you in the right direction. Feel free to PM me.
Mine: 2011 2500 4x4 Crew Cummins. HERS 09 Inferno Red Hemi Crew Cab SLT lone star with brown and tan interior loaded with 3:92s.