04 Ram, Help me choose between Hid and LED Headlight/Fog kit. - Page 2 - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > Technical Forums > Headlights and Lighting

Old 04-12-2016, 05:12 PM   #11
Ariel

I went with the opt7 kit for headlights and fogs. Here's a link to my thread from when I was looking for mine.. Hope it helps.

http://www.hemitruckclub.com/forums/...lbs-16064.html

Supercharged, Pacesetter long tube headers, Y pipe, Magnaflow muffler, cat/res delete, bilstien 5100 shocks leveled, 180 stat, Flex a lite 183 fan, trans booster, Edge torque converter 2800-3000, Rebuilt trans with a K45 kit, 4:56 Motive gears, Charged392 tune, HID headlights and fog lights
RAM4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2016, 09:24 AM   #12
JT

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe.G View Post
What kit did you guys use JTeagle? I hear some need relay and some don't, What issues did you have that you needed the relay? Thanks
I purchased 2 different kits. The first didn't have condensers built in the wiring. The second kit from DDM Tuning did, this was supposed to solve the flicker problem but both kits did the same thing. The low beam would go out for a second about every minute or so like you turned them off then back on real quick. Not good when your going down the road at night ! The high beam isn't affected because it's a different circuit. That's why I put in the relay. I've had them for about 3 years now and haven't checked to see if any manufacture has corrected the problem with their kits. I believe the problem comes from the low beam power coming from the body control module or some other device. It isn't a good constant current and voltage so the HID ballast turns off for a second then back on. By putting in a relay and using battery voltage the ballast has full current and voltage all the time when the lights are on. Hope this helps you.

JTeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 01:19 PM   #13

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTeagle View Post
I purchased 2 different kits. The first didn't have condensers built in the wiring. The second kit from DDM Tuning did, this was supposed to solve the flicker problem but both kits did the same thing. The low beam would go out for a second about every minute or so like you turned them off then back on real quick. Not good when your going down the road at night ! The high beam isn't affected because it's a different circuit. That's why I put in the relay. I've had them for about 3 years now and haven't checked to see if any manufacture has corrected the problem with their kits. I believe the problem comes from the low beam power coming from the body control module or some other device. It isn't a good constant current and voltage so the HID ballast turns off for a second then back on. By putting in a relay and using battery voltage the ballast has full current and voltage all the time when the lights are on. Hope this helps you.
------------------------------

GOOD FIX
HemiFun05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2016, 03:22 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTeagle View Post
can you give me a little more info on how you did this set up. I really do want to run the LED lights but im can't stand seeing the bulb out light
Old 04-21-2016, 05:32 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAM4 View Post
I went with the opt7 kit for headlights and fogs. Here's a link to my thread from when I was looking for mine.. Hope it helps.

http://www.hemitruckclub.com/forums/...lbs-16064.html
Do you night time pics with the lights turned on? Just curious about their brightness.
mgluis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 09:42 PM   #16
Ariel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgluis View Post
Do you night time pics with the lights turned on? Just curious about their brightness.
This is the only one I have. They don't look to bright in the pic but they blind everyone driving the opposite direction. I'm constantly getting flashed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg image.jpeg (9.8 KB, 62 views)
Supercharged, Pacesetter long tube headers, Y pipe, Magnaflow muffler, cat/res delete, bilstien 5100 shocks leveled, 180 stat, Flex a lite 183 fan, trans booster, Edge torque converter 2800-3000, Rebuilt trans with a K45 kit, 4:56 Motive gears, Charged392 tune, HID headlights and fog lights
RAM4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 11:32 AM   #17
Greg

Garage
I don't know anything about headlights except my OEM are not bright enough. Any thoughts on these?

LED Headlight Kit - 9007 LED Headlight Bulbs Conversion Kit with Flexible Tinned Copper Braid

LED Headlight Kit - HB4 (9006) LED Headlight Bulbs Conversion Kit with Radial Heat Sink

1956 Jeep Pickup Hemi powered "Street Rod project"

1# 2017 HTC FASTEST HEMI List....
Current 1/4 mile [email protected] (2018)
Current 60' PB 1.351 (2019) mechanical issue for 1/4m

HTC 2018 TOTY

Support vehicle- 2007 QC G56 4x4 diesel
Redtruck-VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 01:36 PM   #18

There is no link
2004 SLT Hemi Black Quad Cab 4WD. SRT-10 Hood, 06 20 Inch Rims SC F5 Tuner, S&B CAI, Power Stop Drilled Slotted tow Package brake kit, Braided Brake Lines, Bilstein Shocks, Helwig Rear Sway Bar and G2 Axle Rear Cover, Detroit Tru Trac rear Diff,Smoked LED Tail Lights, Tinted Windows, All Amsoil Fluid except Torco In rear Diff.
Joe.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 01:53 PM   #19
Greg

Garage
https://www.superbrightleds.com/more...aid/3356/7323/

https://www.superbrightleds.com/sear...version%20kit/

1956 Jeep Pickup Hemi powered "Street Rod project"

1# 2017 HTC FASTEST HEMI List....
Current 1/4 mile [email protected] (2018)
Current 60' PB 1.351 (2019) mechanical issue for 1/4m

HTC 2018 TOTY

Support vehicle- 2007 QC G56 4x4 diesel
Redtruck-VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 02:43 PM   #20

I am stuck between LED and HID, Red maybe you can try LED and let me know, Seems like a cheaper option for me lol.
2004 SLT Hemi Black Quad Cab 4WD. SRT-10 Hood, 06 20 Inch Rims SC F5 Tuner, S&B CAI, Power Stop Drilled Slotted tow Package brake kit, Braided Brake Lines, Bilstein Shocks, Helwig Rear Sway Bar and G2 Axle Rear Cover, Detroit Tru Trac rear Diff,Smoked LED Tail Lights, Tinted Windows, All Amsoil Fluid except Torco In rear Diff.
Joe.G is offline   Reply With Quote