04 Ram Headlights - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > Technical Forums > Headlights and Lighting

Old 09-04-2015, 12:00 PM   #1

Question 04 Ram Headlights

Hello, I have an 04 Ram 2500 with what I assume to be smoked stock headlights. It currently has Halos installed in it. However, there is one Halo in both the driver and passenger side that are burned out. Ive had one of the headlights out it see about replacing said Halos but there doesnt seem to be access to them from behind the dust covers. Is there a way, or should I say safe and secure way to crack open the headlight to get to them? Or will I just have to buy new lights? Thank you.

alpine_people is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2015, 12:39 PM   #2

Lightbulb

You can search online to find video and text that addresses this issue but it seems very tedious and time consuming...if mine crap-out I'll get new ones or change to another style. So far so good with what I'm using and the upgrade to Xenon bulbs. IMO the 'best' thing you can do to greatly improve lighting on our Gen. III Rams is to install high quality, very bright behind-the-grille lights for use as required .

HemiFun05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 01:08 PM   #3

Garage
Perhaps like these:

There were no stock smoked lights, certainly not with halos. You may well find it's cheaper in the long run to just replace 'em. Choose carefully if you decide to go with HIDs - sometimes the lamp connection is too deep to fit.

Old 09-04-2015, 04:51 PM   #4
David

Garage
Retroshop.us if you decide not to do it yourself. You can send your lights to Jeremy and he will replace them. He also does custom hid projectors too

ATXHEMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 06:59 AM   #5

Ah, Ive never actually seen Behind The Grilles before, except the ones you dont want to see in the rear view. I wasnt sure if they were stock, I knew the LED taillights werent, but no aftermarket details to distinguish a brand on the headlights. MIKEHTALLY, by connection, do you mean the actual connector fittings? Will check out retroshop directly. Im not the only northerner on here am I ? I never heard that HEMI was exclusively southern!
alpine_people is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 07:33 AM   #6

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpine_people View Post
Ah, Ive never actually seen Behind The Grilles before, except the ones you dont want to see in the rear view. I wasnt sure if they were stock, I knew the LED taillights werent, but no aftermarket details to distinguish a brand on the headlights. MIKEHTALLY, by connection, do you mean the actual connector fittings? Will check out retroshop directly. Im not the only northerner on here am I ? I never heard that HEMI was exclusively southern!
--------------------------------------------------
The lights you see 'behind-the-grille' on many of our Gen.III Rams are NOT FACTORY but added by the owner on the support rail behind the grille. They are switched independently at your discretion - just add a quality relay for the switching. You can find many options - all the way to the new Super Bright Hella Rallye 4000 LED's. I am currently using the Titanium KC Slim-Lites in the long range 130 watt style. The older trucks need ALL the help they can get in my opinion when it comes to better lighting. A high quality professional HID retrofit is always a good choice too.
PS: UPGRADE your fog lights too while you're at it with better bulbs and / or lights. You can also have them 'switched' to use at any time not-just-with-the low-beams as originally configured.
HemiFun05 is offline   Reply With Quote