Wheel Help - Page 2 - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > Technical Forums > Running Gear | Brakes, Wheels and Tires

Old 03-16-2005, 06:24 AM   #11

Wheel Help

Hey Freeze...which ones did you get?

AquiaHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2005, 09:10 AM   #12

Wheel Help

AquaHemi - we put 17" MT Classic Lock on his/ours with the 33's. Had looked at the Cragars as well
NuHemi4us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 07:09 PM   #13

Wheel Help

They're the Billet Comet II's (polished) and weigh 25 lbs. each. They were an impulse buy and I'm not sure if I'm going to keep them or sell them, as it might be another six months until I need new tires. I pat myself on the back everyday for this.
Freeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2005, 09:11 PM   #14
Director Emeritus

Garage
Wheel Help

Bet the wife was happy...
MrHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 09:21 PM   #15

Wheel Help

I haven't said anything about it yet. Shhhh...
Old 03-16-2005, 10:48 PM   #16
*Damn*its*gotta*Hemi*

Wheel Help

Eeew, youre gonna get in trouble. Man, I cant hide anything from mine. She does the bills, and their aint no way, less I go do some prostitutin' (like I would make much doin that) and get cash.. I do have one thing that I can sell: willmore sent me the wrong tubes for my truck originally they were for the 02 2500, and they never picked them back up. I called and spoke to them like 3 times, so I might be able to get 250 cash out of that.
Old 03-17-2005, 10:01 PM   #17

Wheel Help

She knows about the wheels, just not about me possibly wanting to sell them already.
Old 03-17-2005, 10:22 PM   #18

Wheel Help

Hey Freeze...isn't it a mans prerogative to change his mind... Oops..wrong gender...I hate when that happens
AquiaHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 06:02 AM   #19

Wheel Help

AquiaHemi;

I have been doing some more research on this since my reply to your post. This back spacing/offset issue is really a mess. From what I have gathered it appears if we want to keep the stock wheel location( ie; tucked inside the wheel well with the outside edge of tire lined up with outside edge of wheel well )we need a rim with a positive offset. All the rims with negative offsets result in the wheel sitting further outside the wheel well.

Now, just speaking for me, I do not like that look. I want the wheels to ride in the same spot they do now. I don't want them sticking out even 1/2" more than they do( looks stupid IMO and throws stuff onto the body panels unless you have fender flares ). I have been told by many guys that it is very hard to find a 17" aftermarket rim to do that?

Not even 100% sure that info I got is correct? These wheel mfg's are AWFUL about answering e-mails and letters asking questions. I am going to try and contact a guy who used to run a speed shop here when I was younger and in my "muscle car phase". Used to get all my 4X4 stuff from him as well as I got older and into trucks. This guy really knows cars and trucks. He switched his business from walk in to call in only because he was so busy all the time. He was too good.

Maybe he can shed some light on the issue and provide some mfg's that make rims with the proper offset for what I/we want. I will post if I get any new info.

The two rims I am interested in but am unsure if I can get them with the proper offset are...

American Eagle 137 series polished alloy
American Racing Mojave series. I am not sure yet on whether or not I would want the polished series 1082 or the chrome series 6081 Mojave rims? The polished rims have a rivet like ring on the outer edge of rim and the chrome is smooth. I like the looks of chromed rims better and they are much easier to keep clean but I "REALLY" like the rivet look on the polished rims. HELP!

NHHEMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 06:02 AM   #20

Wheel Help

AR polished Mojave

NHHEMI is offline   Reply With Quote