Warped Powerslot/Hawk combo after 1 day - Page 2 - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > Technical Forums > Running Gear | Brakes, Wheels and Tires

Old 07-22-2006, 02:11 PM   #11

Warped Powerslot/Hawk combo after 1 day

I have the power slot rotars, and hawk pads....(front and rear)I have not installed them yet, maybe i should check the (runout) before I install them, which runout being defined as how true the rotars are? How does one measure this? I just havent had time to install them yet, thats why I havent put them on yet..i dont have the ceramic pads, I got the ones for (street use) in the purple box.

This thing has a HEMI! is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2006, 11:54 PM   #12

You can mount them and ck it with a dial indicator or maybe a parts house or shop could ck them on a brake lathe for ya....????
Rickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 09:33 AM   #13

I received the new set of rotors Friday and put them on yesterday. I have the time down to less than an hour now. I put some $15 synthetic grease on the pad slides so they don't hang up. Drove around the block, made a few stops w/ them, and what a difference. No shake or shudder at all, so I was pretty relieved.
I'm still waiting on a return number from Powerslot so I send the junk ones back. I'm not sure how long it will take before they issue a credit for them. I'm not sure if they're charging me for shipping these back too, since I paid shipping on the second set.
Hopefully Mr. Truck calls this morning w/ the number so I can get these shipped today.
So it's been a huge pain in the ***, but I'm happy w/ the brakes now. I only have about 30 miles on them so far, but they feel great.
I did hear a squeak a couple times from the pads but hope that goes away.
hemiluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2006, 10:21 AM   #14
Director Emeritus

Garage

I'm sorry you had to go through all that... my sincere apologies. If MrTruck doesn't get with you today let me know - I can get a hold of him pretty quickly via the Bat Phone.
MrHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 11:35 PM   #15

That sucks about your rotors. I hope everything works out. I had a brand new 2004 Vw Passat it had 7 miles on it and the rotors where warped on my test drive. They replaced the rotors free of charge of course. After that the car ran like a champ.
Ira B is offline   Reply With Quote