Tires Qs for hauling - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > Technical Forums > Running Gear | Brakes, Wheels and Tires

Old 11-20-2019, 11:52 AM   #1
Cody

Tires Qs for hauling

I have a 2012 1500 2wd QC and put 40k-45k miles per year on my truck. Tire size is 275/60/20 and haul 800-1,000 lbs in the bed very frequently. I obviously do not drive off-road other than the occasional gravel and grass. Miles are mostly highway. I have never considered off-road tires as I've always considered it stupid on a 2wd truck. But I would like tires to last longer than 2-2.5 years. The best tire I've tried so far is Michelin Defender LTX with Firestone Destination LE2 a somewhat close second. I do want a tire that's great in rain, snow, ice, but also handles well and is quiet and not kill my gas mileage. I know that's a lot to ask for in a tire but tire technology has come quite a ways and am wondering what other Ram owners opinions are. It's time for new tires again, looking at the Cooper Discoverer AT3 4S which is an off-road type tire but appears to be well suited for the highway. Anyone have these tires and can let me know what you think? - Thank you

Sponsored Links
Advertisement