Hemi Truck Club banner

StopTech Rotors w/Hawk Pads on 4th Gen Ram

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  NewBlue 
#1 ·
So here's the deal, back when I had my 3rd Gen Ram I had a set of Baer Decela Rotors on it and loved them. They stopped with easy, brake pedal feel improved, and they bit hard when some jackass cut me off in traffic. So when I got this truck as much as I loved it the brakes left something to be desired. They just felt to "soft" for my liking, I wasn't looking for SRT performance out of them but they definitely needed to be improved. Brembo and Rotora were out of the question, as much as I would love to throw on a 6-8 Piston Caliper with a 16" rotor I don't want to pay 5-7 Grand for a set either. After searching high and low StopTech came out with a set of Cryo Sport-Stop Drilled Rotors (Combined with Hawk HPS Pads) and are definitely a great upgrade over stock and over the Baer Decela's on the 3rd Gen. Obviously everything went on and off in typical fashion, the factory rotors came off fairly easily although the right rear was a bit of a PITA to get off. After a bit of finesse and 4 letter words it came right off. They look great behind the R/T 22's and perform great in high Florida summer heat as well as in the Tropical Storm Rain.

What's a thread without pictures

See less See more
#2 ·
So here's the deal, back when I had my 3rd Gen Ram I had a set of Baer Decela Rotors on it and loved them. They stopped with easy, brake pedal feel improved, and they bit hard when some jackass cut me off in traffic. So when I got this truck as much as I loved it the brakes left something to be desired. They just felt to "soft" for my liking, I wasn't looking for SRT performance out of them but they definitely needed to be improved. Brembo and Rotora were out of the question, as much as I would love to throw on a 6-8 Piston Caliper with a 16" rotor I don't want to pay 5-7 Grand for a set either. After searching high and low StopTech came out with a set of Cryo Sport-Stop Drilled Rotors (Combined with Hawk HPS Pads) and are definitely a great upgrade over stock and over the Baer Decela's on the 3rd Gen. Obviously everything went on and off in typical fashion, the factory rotors came off fairly easily although the right rear was a bit of a PITA to get off. After a bit of finesse and 4 letter words it came right off. They look great behind the R/T 22's and perform great in high Florida summer heat as well as in the Tropical Storm Rain.

What's a thread without pictures

#4 ·
They look sharp!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.