Shocks for torsion bar lift - Page 6 - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > Technical Forums > Running Gear | Brakes, Wheels and Tires

Old 04-18-2005, 12:11 AM  

Shocks for torsion bar lift

I finished mine up this late this afternoon, so I haven't had time to take it wheelin', but I will soon. The ride is much better than stock. The front feels more solid and there is less body roll when cornering. I went with the Rancho RS9000X shocks all around (P/N RS99283 front (for 4" lift), RS99269 rear). I'll post more details later, but MSN just crashed on me and erased a long-*** message. In the meantime, here are a couple of photos from my muddin' trip las weekend (pre-lift).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2005, 12:13 AM  

Another pic:
Old 04-18-2005, 08:10 AM  

Great Picts Freeze! I gotta try that some time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2005, 10:56 PM  

Went 4-wheelin' today and the shocks were outstanding. Cranked them up to 9 and I could really feel the difference from the lower settings. The trails were pretty mild with some good sand, but there was a nice tall dune hill to motor up and a few mud pits. The increased front end clearance helped a lot. Now I gotta get new tires!
Old 05-16-2005, 12:56 PM  

Freeze - have you "topped" them out yet at all? If I'm calculating right the Rancho should have just about 2" of top travel and about 4 1/2" bottom travel. Assuming an install height of about 17 1/2".

I was reading the Rancho web site about the adjustable shocks you installed and I really like that idea.

The Bilsteins I put on have been fine - the travel seems a little backwards 5 3/4" at the top & 2 1/4" at the bottom - again assuming I'm calculating eveything correctly and using a 17 1/2" install height. They haven;t topped or bottomed out yet that I know of - but I mainly stay on the street.
Old 05-19-2005, 03:09 AM  

Hey, Freeze.....quick ? How much did the shocks cost, and where did you get them from again? Thanks. RNH
PS~Pics looked like a good time, there is a mud rally happening pretty soon up here, and I am wanting to finish the shocks before the rally.
Actually just had another question pop up. What are the reasons for the "Tortion Keys"? I had mine turned up at the dealer, for an approximate front end lift of 2 3/4", bars turned almost all the way out. I don't understand the "keys", and I know a couple of you have had your trucks rekeyed. Thanks again, Bubba. RNH