RetreadS???? - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > Technical Forums > Running Gear | Brakes, Wheels and Tires

Old 09-25-2010, 03:11 PM   #1

RetreadS????

thought i would throw this out here and see what everybody had to say about it. i was searching the web and found a company that sells these for light trucks and wondered what you guys thought. i know there are horror stories about semi tires blowing apart and all that but i have had several issues with "new" tires doing the same thing on pickups and trailers so....? im thinkin for $100 for a good mud or all terrain tire they would be good.

russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2010, 09:12 AM   #2

RetreadS????

I am running a set of TreadWrights AT retreads and have not had any problems. I got them back in Feb and put about 12K on them so far. Also if you do a search in the forum you will see where I posted on this and also see the commets you are looking for. I say go for it, if you are looking at TreadWrigh they offer a 2yr/24 month warranty on their work.
HEMI COMMANDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 01:51 PM   #3

RetreadS????

that is the same company that i found and was looking at. did you go for the ones with the walnut shell and crushed glass? i read where they are a little more money per tire and might also wear a little faster. i think im gonna try em just have to decide if i want the AT or mud tire. lol
russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2010, 07:13 PM   #4

RetreadS????

Yes I did get the walnut shells and glass. I didn't think about them wearing faster, I thought hey why not try them out. They are like 10 bucks more. I am a member of a forum for Commander and a guy just bought the MT tires and said they humm while at city speed. So if the noise won't bother you go for it.
HEMI COMMANDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 11:30 PM   #5
Tyler

RetreadS????

The story of retreads blowing apart for no reason is a thing of the past. Go to a retread plant and see what goes into building and testing them and which casings even pass to be retreaded and you will see. I still have customers going on about Firestone tires blowing up for no reason and killing people and that was like 15 years ago!
TYSENUS is offline   Reply With Quote