replacment tire options for 09 with factory 20's - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > Technical Forums > Running Gear | Brakes, Wheels and Tires

Old 01-14-2011, 03:02 AM   #1

replacment tire options for 09 with factory 20's

hi all, my mom has an 09 ram and almost has 40,000 miles on it with those crappy goodyear tires on it and im wondering what everyones oppinions are for a good replacement tire, and im wanting to go with the factory size replacement which is 275/60R20. i would like to get general grabber at2 but i didnt see that size avalible, my main requrements is that it needs to be rated for at least 50K miles due to her driving alot but it needs to have a good a/t capability. so any and all input will be greatly appreciated, thanks for your time.

dakota dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2011, 11:35 AM   #2

I have Bridgestone Revo A/T's. I have had them for 10,000 miles so far and they have been great. No wear that I can see so far.
Bamataco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 01:35 PM   #3
Board of Directors

Garage

Maybe the Kumho Road Venture AT KL78?

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....lar=Crew%20Cab
HemiByrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2011, 07:15 PM   #4

thanks for the suggestions, i was looking at the revo 2 and most reviews are saying that its a heavy tire and some people are loosing some mpg from them, the kumo looks like a good tire and i saw that there was mixed reviews for it. those two are options but im still gona keep looking at all the options, thanks for the suggestions guys please keep them coming.
Old 01-15-2011, 10:32 AM   #5
HEMIRAM07

I bought the Cooper LTZ and love them,,great ride and very little road noise
Old 01-15-2011, 11:15 AM   #6

Replaced the "crappy goodyears" ( my sentiment as well) with Michelin ltx m/s 2. Pricey but high mileage warranty and my 2008 QC hemi truck rides like a dream. The handling in the rain is so much better than the goodyears it is hard to believe. The goodyear tires felt like you were on an ice covered road on a rainy day. Now I have to really make an effort to break the tires loose. The severe hydroplaning is gone as well. The michelin tires are definitely worth the price. Raed reviews on tire rack and other sites and it may help you decide.
zzzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 02:33 PM   #7

I got a set of Goodyear Wrangler AT/S tires in 275/65/20,and they were about $170 per tire installed. Rides more firm due to stiff sidewalls,and mileage has decreased by about 1 mpg. But they look good,and seem to be wearing well. They also are impressive in this globally-warmed winter we've had so far.
Shifterbrains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 06:20 AM   #8

thanks for the suggestions, yeah when i snowed down here last week i didnt let her take her truck out at all with those factory tires on it, and she is really complaining about how it feels like driving on ice already and they arent even to the wear bars yet. so far i think im looking at the michelin ltx m/s 2, and bridgstone revo 2's, i wish i could get some general grabber a/t 2's that would fit the factory size, as most tire stores ive been to claim they have a 60K warranty on them.
Old 01-18-2011, 07:55 PM   #9

I've read a few reviews about poor tread life from the Grabber AT2 tires. My brother had them,and told me the tread is worn so unevenly that he gets a bad vibration going down the road.

I would personally be tempted to try them,and might eventually.
Shifterbrains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 01:58 AM   #10

yeah thats part of my reasoning for being hesitant about the grabbers cause ive not seen any one run them in this size yet so im most likely gona wait and get a different set. im starting to lean towards the bridgstone revo 2's more now