Hemi Truck Club banner

Rear Brake Rotors

3K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  03TR 
#1 ·
It's been 138K miles and finally time to replace my rear brake pads. I changed out the front rotors to reasonably priced slotted/drilled rotors from NAPA years ago and haven't had any problems. Does anyone run slotted/drilled on the rear?

#3 ·
We need small disc conversion on the rear. ;)

#9 ·
Sorry, I've been sworn to secrecy.

#12 ·
Pulling the rear rotors on an '05

Installed new PowerStop front slotted rotors, and pads.

AWESOME!!!!!

Rear Rotors won't come off. YES, the emergency brake is off, but still won't come loose.

NOW WHAT??????????

Richard and Judy
The Maxx2Racing Team

:rolleyes:

#13 ·
Installed new PowerStop front slotted rotors, and pads.

AWESOME!!!!!

Rear Rotors won't come off. YES, the emergency brake is off, but still won't come loose.

NOW WHAT??????????

Richard and Judy
The Maxx2Racing Team

:rolleyes:
How I did it, came of real easy using this method after they wouldn't budge with a BFH. Put some pressure on the bolts, back em off, rotate a bit, do it over again until you see movement. Don't go batshit crazy on the tension as you might break of the mounting tabs.

#15 ·
Prior to trying this I used quite a large sledge, even had a bit of room so I could get a good swing but the rotors wouldn't budge. Using the bolt trick they popped of real fast with relatively little force on the bolts.

There's youtube clip of it, that's where I found the idea.

#16 ·
Nicely done..

#18 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.