Raised White Letters 20" - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > Technical Forums > Running Gear | Brakes, Wheels and Tires

Old 09-03-2009, 04:50 PM   #1
kjw

Raised White Letters 20"

I want raised white letter tires on my truck . is there anything out there in a RWL 20" tire besides the WAAAYY overpriced BFGs?

kjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2009, 06:58 PM   #2

Raised White Letters 20"

There are a lot of 20's with RWL's. All Season and All Terrain. However, "ANY" 20" tire is going to be very expensive.

I have RWL on mine. 275/60R-20 Firestone Destination LE All Season tires.
NHHEMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 07:37 PM   #3

Raised White Letters 20"

Yeah, 20's are just expensive....period. Even the stockies are $140ish a piece without install/taxes/fees, etc. Anything aftermarket or wider especially jumps up $100/tire plus.
JustHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2009, 08:04 PM   #4

Raised White Letters 20"

Well there is always the crappy Goodyears that come on the trucks. Also there is Procomp All terrains.
NHHEMI is right be prepared to spend some money. I have been pricing lately and I'm figuring to spend close to $1000. for 4 mounted and balanced. And thats only because I have already elimanated some of the more expensive tires.
NHHEMI how are you liking those Firestones?
Bamataco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:04 AM   #5

Raised White Letters 20"

NHNEMI, what do you think of the Firestones??
I am between those or Bridgestones...
rdsetgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 03:52 PM   #6

Raised White Letters 20"

Bamataco & rdsetgo;

These are my 3rd set of the LE's. Overall I really like these tires. They ride great, wear really well, and are quiet. They also kick butt( for an all season )in snow. They walk all over the Michelin LTX M/S tires I used to think were the best all season for bad weather. Probably not quite as good as the Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza's but the LE's cost like $50 a tire less.

They don't perform quite as well on my Ram as they did my Silverado and my AWD SUV but that is simply based on the fact the tires are wider on the Ram. Wider tires actually slip easier in the snow( you both probably know this - sorry ). Not like they are bad in the snow either. Quite good actually. Just not as good as the other vehicles. On a Ram with some narrower 17's they would be better than a Ram with these wide 20's is my point.

On the other vehicles I have used them on they were narrower and thus a little better in the snow. Well, in 2WD. In 4WD the 20's I have are excellent. Just slip a little more than the other vehicles did in 2WD because these are so wide. Still just night and day different over the stock junkyear HP's.

I have zero complaints with them. If you live in a region without winter weather to deal with these really are a great choice. EXCELLENT on dry and wet( rain )roads. Actually, I would love to get rid of my 20's and go to the stock 17" chrome rims and then put these on in a size that is close to the overall diameter of the 20's( 285/70-17's I think is pretty close ). Ideally I would like the 265/70-17's but wiith the 3.92 axle ratio RPM's would be a tad too high out on the highway for me.

I highly recommend these tires if you want an all season. Even if you see snow. I don't off road and mud run so can't really comment there. I have used them on some muddy farm roads and they did great though if that helps. I tow my boat every year for waterfowl into February so I see some bad roads heading to the launch and some pretty bad ramp conditions launching/picking up. No problems with these tires at all.

I would prefer to run an all terrain like I used to. A poor AT is better than the best AS in bad weather but these tires get the job done. If I were to run AT's it would be either the Bridgestone Dueler AT Revo( they have a Revo II now )or the newer Dueler AT D695( little brother to the Revo ). AT's kill MPG though. That is why I went to the AS tires. Every little bit helps.

PS - I am a frequent customer of the local Firestone tire store/auto center. I have a Firestone credit card. As a result I get frequent coupons and special offers. The tires were going to set me back like $850 for the set of 4 M&B when I got them. With the coupon I had I got them M&B'd for $512!
Old 09-29-2009, 06:27 PM   #7

Raised White Letters 20"

Quote:
quote:PS - I am a frequent customer of the local Firestone tire store/auto center. I have a Firestone credit card. As a result I get frequent coupons and special offers. The tires were going to set me back like $850 for the set of 4 M&B when I got them. With the coupon I had I got them M&B'd for $512!
Now thats what I call a coupon. $300 plus dollars in savings.
Bamataco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 07:28 PM   #8
Board of Directors

Garage
Raised White Letters 20"

If you have the time and a steady hand, this is what we use on big rigs at truck shows:
http://www.iowa80.com/DirectionsWEB/...hite&last=true
AlbertaHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 07:48 AM   #9

Raised White Letters 20"

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Bamataco:
Quote:
quote:PS - I am a frequent customer of the local Firestone tire store/auto center. I have a Firestone credit card. As a result I get frequent coupons and special offers. The tires were going to set me back like $850 for the set of 4 M&B when I got them. With the coupon I had I got them M&B'd for $512!
Now thats what I call a coupon. $300 plus dollars in savings.
Yeah, it was a 35% off a set of 4 tires coupon( saved me $255 )plus the manager gives me a discount as well each time as I am a preferred customer.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:56 AM   #10

Raised White Letters 20"

Can you hook us up on a coupon???
rdsetgo is offline   Reply With Quote