Opinions on 37" tire or stay with 35" - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > Technical Forums > Running Gear | Brakes, Wheels and Tires

Old 10-04-2007, 07:29 AM   #1
Dreamin\ HEMI

Opinions on 37" tire or stay with 35"

Thinking of going to 37's this time around. Getting light on trad with the 35's and maybe an upgrade? Don't drive this thing like I used to so the mileage isnn't a factor....I already get a wopping 13 mpg highway What do you all think of these? Looks like a bad a$$ tire to me.
MT KL71

Just worried about the rotational mass of these things. Just had to replace the rear a month ago...the limited slip busted apart inside the housing and tore up everything. New true posi unit was installed with new gears. Man, LOVE my traction on the beaches here now! Any opinions greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2007, 11:03 AM   #2

I think those may have been reviewed recently in FOUR WHEELER along with a bunch of other mud tires. Directional tires are great, as long as you're moving forward. Put them in reverse in the slop and they don't work so well. You'll want to check the weight, too. Tires that heavy can put a hurting on your steering components, not to mention the drivetrain. Going with those will be an expensive propsition, and I'd hate to see you spend that much money on new treads that don't live up to your expectations. I made that mistake with the Cooper STT2's I had. Good off-road, but loud and fast-wearing on the pavement.
Freeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 07:46 PM   #3
Dreamin\ HEMI

Thanks for the reply Freeze. I was considering this brand because along with its good looks and good reviews..they are significantly less expensive than what I paid for my Dick Cepek's. Maybe I'll stick with the 35's, ...any suggestions other than the Cepeks? Where did you get yours?