Hemi Truck Club banner

Opinions and experience with Cooper Discoverer ATP

5K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  MANual_puller 
#1 ·
It's that time ...
to put new rubber on the BFT ( 07 1500 Megacab)
I have found a deal on eBay ( of all places) for a set of
LT285/70-17 COOPER DISCOVERER ATP 70R R17 TIRES LR E

What are your experiences with Coopers and moving up to this size from stock (LT265/70-17) ?
I do more over the road than off road,
But I need something semi aggressive for our wonderful winters.

If not these tires , what would be a good choice?

Thanks in advance

#6 ·
Had a set of ATPs on my 2010 with a load range E rating. They were the stock size 265 70 17. Worked great in the snow and wet roads were no problem with no hydroplaning at all.
Only real problem was that they got more noisy after about 25,000 miles or so. Also started seeing uneven wear even though they rotated every 3000 miles. Traded the truck in on a 2014 when tires had about 40,000 miles on them. Still had a lot of tread left. Should have easily made it 50,000 or more.
Hope this helps

#11 ·
:stop: my experience was loss of traction on wet roads when they wear down to half tread life. VERY dangerous condition.:eek:
:danger: :banghead:

#12 ·
been hit and miss with me...had hercules terra tracs and they were excellent then on my new truck ihad cooper zoen ltz and they were junk...wore to the wear bars in 18000kms...when new traction was incredible all around but that didnt last long.

#13 ·
I've had good luck with coopers. I had CS4 touring tires on my old car. I put the Discover AT3 on my Mitsubishi 2 years ago. Still tons of life left :thumb: I'd buy them again :thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.