New Toyo's - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > Technical Forums > Running Gear | Brakes, Wheels and Tires

Old 12-05-2007, 02:01 PM   #1

New Toyo's

Man, what a wide tread and very aggressive looking. I put on Toyo Proxes ST's 305/50/20, and boy what a ride difference as opposed to the Goodyear Wrangles. I got 56,000 on the Goodyears and hope I can get that much on the Toyos. I was surprised about the width of the Toyos though.

HeminatorTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2007, 05:00 PM   #2

New Toyo's

I got a set of Yokohama Parada Spec-X 305/50/20's and I know what you mean, major difference over the stock tires, these Yoko's are even outstanding in the rain and on wet pavement!

The main important factor though is to keep them properly inflated and rotated - I do mine approx every 2K miles or 2 months, which ever comes first.

Why not? I got them from Big O and it's free rotation and balancing..
ArcticWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 11:22 AM   #3

New Toyo's

i have toyo's also. i have had mine for about 2 years and still love them. best of luck with yours
badblkhemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2007, 12:25 PM   #4

New Toyo's

Yeah, I have had Toyos before and found them the best for non hydroplaning. I just did not realize how wide those boogers would be. Looks good though and have had several compliments on them already. I run nitrogen in the tires, so inflation is not a problem. I am running 40#s in them right now. I rotate tires at 5,000. I guess that is why I got almost 55,000 out of the Goodyear tires. They still had 3/32s on the tread and really did not need replacing, but the wife has wanted Toyos for a long time, as she almost lost the truck in water on the road and never had that problem with the Toyos on our 99 Ram.
HeminatorTom is offline   Reply With Quote