Hemi Truck Club banner

Need a new name....

2K views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  Falcon 
#1 ·
Having serious thoughts of changing my Photo Gallery's name. Right now, it is Perverse Koncepts Photography. Which has spawned from when I used to do a lot of racing and wrenching. Had a following with that name so decided to keep it. However, as mentioned by others before in some of my photography posts, it just isn't appropriate for photography. I am only really a hobbiest when it comes to photography, don't charge for service at this point. I really only have an interest/skill in automotive photography. Not that I don't appreciate a good photo of anything else. Just my passion in the motorsports is what lead to my interest in photography. So, with all that being said (thanks if you have hung with me so far) I am looking for a new name. Something that screams automotive photography. I am stumped at this point. Any suggestions are truly appreciated! Thanks!

#2 ·
Having serious thoughts of changing my Photo Gallery's name. Right now, it is Perverse Koncepts Photography. Which has spawned from when I used to do a lot of racing and wrenching. Had a following with that name so decided to keep it. However, as mentioned by others before in some of my photography posts, it just isn't appropriate for photography. I am only really a hobbiest when it comes to photography, don't charge for service at this point. I really only have an interest/skill in automotive photography. Not that I don't appreciate a good photo of anything else. Just my passion in the motorsports is what lead to my interest in photography. So, with all that being said (thanks if you have hung with me so far) I am looking for a new name. Something that screams automotive photography. I am stumped at this point. Any suggestions are truly appreciated! Thanks!

#3 ·
Automotive Photography by Kyle

Greatness follows those in business (or hobby) that applies their name to their talents.

Edit: I even did a "quick tradename check" with Secretary of State Ken..."Automotive Photography by Kyle" is good to go!

BTW...Whatever name you go with...It's worth the trip to Washington and 19th Ave and $10.00 to hold a tradename certificate showing you as the owner for 5 years.

#4 ·
Thanks Jim....that is a nice quote. Did you find that somewhere or come up with it...wisely said either way. I agree with your statement completely. However, I see it (especially in the photography world) way to often. Looking for something that will stand out, be easy to make a logo (for watermarks, vinyl, stickers, etc) and be easy to make a website for. Make sense?

#6 ·
Yep....have done that in the past. A lof of people don't know how easy it is. Some people make a decent living just creating names and then selling them for a profit. My only problem with Automotive Photography by Kyle is www.AutomotivePhotographyByKyle.com or anything that I can think to be abreviated (www.APbK.com) just doesn't seem catchy. Maybe it is my generation. I like names like "Forever Captured". To me that stands out and is easy to remember. Also easy to "market" and advertise.

#7 ·
Gearz-n-Wheels Automotive Photography

Vanishing Point Automotive Photography

4th Gear Automotive Photography

Kyle's Automotive Photography

Fastlane Automotive Photography

Steppin' Back Automotive Photography

Sunset Rider Automotive Photography

FlashPoint Automotive Photography

to name a few.

All to "sterile", except Kyle's Automotive Photography!
...Ahhhh, you know I'm just giving ya a hard time...

#8 ·
Originally posted by RockyMtnXpress:
Gearz-n-Wheels Automotive Photography

Vanishing Point Automotive Photography

4th Gear Automotive Photography

Kyle's Automotive Photography

Fastlane Automotive Photography

Steppin' Back Automotive Photography

Sunset Rider Automotive Photography

FlashPoint Automotive Photography

to name a few
Those are all great Jim....thanks for sharing your creativeness!

#10 ·
Originally posted by RockyMtnXpress:
That's me! Mr. Creativeness! Speaking of which, I need to get back to work...C-ya!
LMAO....have fun buddy!

#11 ·
I'm with Jim on this.
But as an input, you might try working around with;
RedLine Photography
TopGear
Gas Alley
Fast Lane

But I like Jim's input. Good luck..

#12 ·
Originally posted by Redtruck-VA:
I'm with Jim on this.
But as an input, you might try working around with;
RedLine Photography
TopGear
Gas Alley
Fast Lane

But I like Jim's input. Good luck..
Thanks Greg....those are great suggestions as well!

#14 ·
Originally posted by "RANCHER":
I'll bet there are a ton of possibilities using initials too. I'll think on that.
Doug , thats where I'm going with in my own plans. I'm just lucky to have intials that work out well.

#15 ·
Yep....have thought of that too Doug. Also thinking of LeadFoot Photography.

Edit: LeadFoot Photography is already taken...damn...guess I should check that before I share an idea...lol

#17 ·
Falcon Photos

and it's not registered!

#19 ·
Not bad....

Captures by Kyle also comes to mind...

#20 ·
FastLane Photography

Changed the Facebook page. Will work on changing the website and email tonight.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.