NAPA High Performance rotors - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > Technical Forums > Running Gear | Brakes, Wheels and Tires

Old 07-12-2007, 09:34 PM   #1

NAPA High Performance rotors

any try the NAPA high performance rotors? guarenteed for life, including warpage?
i've got 46,000 miles on my 06 1500 laramie. its 14 months old and the dealer just put the 4th set of rotors on the front. said no more warrenty coverage. he recommended I put on the NAPA rotors, even though "there is nothing wrong with the factory setup"

if there's nothing wrong, why not cover it with warrenty?

I drive 140 miles round trip per day on the interstate on my commute to work. Its not like i'm doing stop and go driving.

anyway, going to go with the NAPA rotors, just wondering if anyone has tried them ? they are slotted and drilled.

FatMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2007, 06:23 PM   #2

I have a set on mine, working out great so far, I got about 7000 miles on them
GoManGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 09:16 PM   #3

Do u guys know the part # for a 06 1500. thanks.....
87331ysi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2007, 01:16 AM   #4
Gary

I just got mine today didnt put them on yet. If anyone can destroy them it would be me. I will let you knowQUOTE]Originally posted by FatMax:
any try the NAPA high performance rotors? guarenteed for life, including warpage?
i've got 46,000 miles on my 06 1500 laramie. its 14 months old and the dealer just put the 4th set of rotors on the front. said no more warrenty coverage. he recommended I put on the NAPA rotors, even though "there is nothing wrong with the factory setup"

if there's nothing wrong, why not cover it with warrenty?

I drive 140 miles round trip per day on the interstate on my commute to work. Its not like i'm doing stop and go driving.

anyway, going to go with the NAPA rotors, just wondering if anyone has tried them ? they are slotted and drilled.[/QUOTE]
leadfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 03:32 AM   #5

06 front's part#s are:
UPR880073L (left)
UPR880073R (u guessed it, right)

Wanting some more fead back from the napa rotor owners.... what pads are you running with these, any problems, etc....

yup, the shuddering even happens to the 06' owners (28K miles). Im not gonna even mess with the warranty/OEM crap/Rotors.
madcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 11:05 PM   #6

Alrighty.... went ahead and did it! Couldn’t take the shuddering any longer. For anyone who needs part#s/prices/pics, here ya go

Ultra Premium Pads (AE7991M): $52.99 (napa does not yet make a ceramic pad for the front, may order some ceramics later)

High Performance Napa Rotors
Left Front (PR880073L): $65.49
Right Front (PR880073R): $65.49

Complete install took 30mins, could have been done slightly quicker, but took the time to snap some pics.
HTC break-in recommendations are done, and I had forgotten what it was suppose to feel like! SMOOTH, and QUIET!!!!

So far NO complaints. Couldn’t ask for a better warranty (lifetime rotors, and pads), better price, and looks good too. Hemi on.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:30 PM   #7

Garage

I just had the NAPA's put on my Q-cab about two weeks ago..so far so good..and I like the lifetime waranty sicne I will have mmy truck for a while longer...
bigdcobia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 08:33 PM   #8
mindy\s hemi &quotSatch&quot

I purchased these last year and have had them back to be turned at about 6000 miles. Could someone give me more info on the lifetime warranty? I am wondering what it covers? I am beginning to wonder if I have caliper problems as the shudder is back again about 4000 miles later any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Old 08-02-2007, 08:43 PM   #9

i would take them to NAPA, have them check the run out (wobble). If out of spec, they will either turn them, or i would urge them to just replace. If they do not 'wobble', you may infact have a caliper, or other issue somewhere causing your shudder. Good luck, and let us know!

? did you do just the front, if so, have you had the back checked? you may have enough miles to on an 03' to actually wear out the backs. backs only see about 25% of the duty during stopping.
Old 08-10-2007, 01:54 PM   #10

Not available in Canada! That blows.
dr.dred is offline   Reply With Quote