gibson s/t or flowmaster - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > Technical Forums > Running Gear | Brakes, Wheels and Tires

Old 02-27-2005, 04:26 PM   #1

gibson s/t or flowmaster

okay guys here is the question. i want true duals that exit with duel s/t sport tips in front of the wheels. i don't have to worry about legal issues my buddy owns the shop. what kind of sound am i going to get and long tube or shortys on the headers. oh and it is a quad cab anybody think this will work? thanks

walken is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2005, 05:50 PM   #2
Director Emeritus

Garage
gibson s/t or flowmaster

General rule of thumb is the shorter the pipes, the louder the sound. Go with long tube headers (recommend Dynatech's SuperMaxx). Check out the Dynatech install article on the main page... the pics might give you some ideas!
MrHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 10:21 PM   #3

gibson s/t or flowmaster

might run into trouble on the drivers side with that plastic fuel tank in the way.

I just hit a freaking piece of semi tire on the freeway. I bounced up and bent the hell out of my tips, now I got to get some new one's! Was crazy, the sound is actually, a lot nicer, changed instantly!
MoneyHSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2005, 12:55 AM   #4

gibson s/t or flowmaster

yea that's what i was looking at i will need a couple of mandrel 90 degrees and i think it will work just hope the sound is right
walken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 08:38 PM   #5
Bryan B/Janetta B

gibson s/t or flowmaster

well I have to say that my wife's truck is now going on a week with the gibson s/t, and I love the sound, there's a fellow that lives down the street and he has the flowmaster hd 50 for the hemi, and I am more impressed with my sound, it seems mine has that nice rumble with a great hum, and his has the old american muscle car rumble with that crackling sound and the end. It's up to you what you are looking for. And of course magnaflow has a great sound to it as well, it's identical to the gibson I think.
Old 03-01-2005, 01:19 PM   #6

gibson s/t or flowmaster

I had the Gibson and had it pull off and now I have the FLowmaster 50 3-chambers if you go with the 40 it will be very hard to hear your stereo unless you keep it crank up all the time. Worst if you have a quad cab just my 2 cent
SUPERKART is offline   Reply With Quote