Hemi Truck Club banner

General Grabber UHP

5K views 24 replies 10 participants last post by  Ghost03hemi 
#1 ·
Been looking at replacing the worn down Goodyear HPs with these. Any1 have any experience with these?

#2 ·
Been looking at replacing the worn down Goodyear HPs with these. Any1 have any experience with these?

#3 ·
I was also looking at them in 275/55-17 and was told they had limited availability. So don't know..

#4 ·
Had them on my '03 and loved them. Great tread pattern and they wore well. Not that expensive either which was a plus

#5 ·
I have them in 295/50 size on the factory 20 inch rims. They are good tires.

#7 ·
Duane, I will do that when I return.
Thanks,

#8 ·
out of curiosity, the stock tires for the 20s is 275/60/R20...why are yours bigger? doesnt that hurt performance and gas mileage?
Originally posted by HemiByrd:

#9 ·
PM sent
Originally posted by 3rd Strike Performance:
They are great tires! They handle well, disperse water really good, and last a long time....I run them on my 03, my Charger, and my son's car...they easily get 45-60K, Email me and I will get you a price...

#10 ·
Originally posted by Budakane:
out of curiosity, the stock tires for the 20s is 275/60/R20...why are yours bigger? doesnt that hurt performance and gas mileage?
For better traction at the track. The 295/50s are wider and slightly shorter than the 275/60s but they weigh the same.

#11 ·
ok i think I get it...so if i went with 305/50R20 would that help or hurt me? Im just tryin to figure this out.

#12 ·
I don't know if there would be clearance problems on a 4x4 with 305/50s or not. They would weigh more than either 275/60s or 295/50s. Wheels and tires are un-sprung weight and reducing the weight helps handling and acceleration. I didn't have the funds to buy lighter wheels, so at least I kept the tire weight the same and gained on tread width. The 275/60s are 33" tall and the 295/50s are 31.7" tall. That effectively gives me a final gearing equivalent to running like 4.74 gears with the 275/60s.

#13 ·
i ran 285/50-20 with a 2/4 drop and had no issues. They were 30.5" tall.

#14 ·
Did it make a difference over the stock wheels? how bout ride?
I don't know if there would be clearance problems on a 4x4 with 305/50s or not. They would weigh more than either 275/60s or 295/50s. Wheels and tires are un-sprung weight and reducing the weight helps handling and acceleration. I didn't have the funds to buy lighter wheels, so at least I kept the tire weight the same and gained on tread width. The 275/60s are 33" tall and the 295/50s are 31.7" tall. That effectively gives me a final gearing equivalent to running like 4.74 gears with the 275/60s.

#15 ·
The UHPs grip far better than the OEM tires in a drag strip launch and in cornering. The ride seems to be fine.

#16 ·
One of the websites that compared traction, had them rated at the top for dry traction.

#17 ·
are the better than the good years Hps as far as wet traction and snow traction? the stock good years have gotten me through DC/Nj blizzard snow with me never getting stuck

Attachments

#19 ·
General Grabber UHP's are the best tires. I have about 50K on mine.

#21 ·
I went to buy a set of General Grabber UHP at Discount last week and they told me they are not made anymore....I got a set of Coopers. They ride very nice.

#22 ·
I bought a set of General UHP's in August, no mention of them being discountinued. I like them.

#25 ·
Just got off the phone with TireRack. They have plenty of General Grabber UHP 305/40/R22. This is still an active part no. as per Wes at TireRack.
A set of four with shipping and handling, $803.64 Have been reading as many revues as possible. Note: Very positive revues from Ram truck owners. Even the supercharged/NOS Ram truck owners really like these tires. Will be checking my finances before ordering.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.