factory lug nut problems - Page 2 - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > Technical Forums > Running Gear | Brakes, Wheels and Tires

Old 01-23-2005, 05:31 AM   #11

factory lug nut problems

Had that prob with my 01' Durango. You'll have to replace the ones that are busted. The dealer should do that for free. The prob I had was the caps would come off...ended up epoxying them on the lug...never had any probs after that. The lugs on my 20"s are solid.

TooTallll is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2005, 01:03 PM   #12
shsuhemi

factory lug nut problems

no they are caps too. they will soon do the same thing. dodge owners are real pissed about it. it is just that they are 22m not 7/8 and they will soon give out, but you can baby them if the tire shop is willing to take them off by hand yeah right. but that would help. we just keep some in stock to sell people when they go bad so they are not stuck on the side of the highway.
Old 01-23-2005, 03:48 PM   #13

factory lug nut problems

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by shsuhemi:
no they are caps too. they will soon do the same thing. dodge owners are real pissed about it. it is just that they are 22m not 7/8 and they will soon give out, but you can baby them if the tire shop is willing to take them off by hand yeah right. but that would help. we just keep some in stock to sell people when they go bad so they are not stuck on the side of the highway.

yeah, the service manager told me they were 6 bucks apiece and I looked down at him and said WHAT!...and then he said "but we're gonna put'm on for free"...Hemi On!
TooTallll is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2005, 10:41 PM   #14
hemi_twirler

factory lug nut problems

shsu told me to tell you that they should give them to you for free and put them on for free to. it is a factory defect or something like that if they are no longer working the way they should. 3year/36000 miles. you took your tire and wheels to the dealer or a tire place they know how to take them off and that means it should be free.