EGR SS braided brake lines - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > Technical Forums > Running Gear | Brakes, Wheels and Tires

Old 04-08-2008, 07:01 PM   #1

EGR SS braided brake lines

Well, I called EGR direct, discussed their product with them and ordered some new SS lines. Got the the shop today to put on and they are the wrong threads on all the lines and the mounting block on the right side would not have worked. I was told it would take two to three weeks to make up, yet I got them in the mail 5 days after I called. Man, I am more than pissed off. Now I have been out that expense, put all new Amsoil brake fluid in and the lines done work. I hope EGR stands by their product.

HeminatorTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2008, 08:10 PM   #2

id be pissed to!
smokin5.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 12:54 PM   #3

This is the reply to my e-mail to them. Their mistake and no mention of refunding on my shipping costs back to them, nor the $35.00 I was out to install something that was wrong.

TOM SORRY FOR THE MIX UP YOU RECEIVED A 2500 RAM KIT, WE ARE ON BACK ORDER ON THE 1500 2-4 WD KITS ETA 3-4 WEEKS OUT, PLEASE RETURN THE WRONG KIT TO US AND I WILL RESHIP THE CORRECT KIT ASAP WHEN WE GET THEM BACK INTO STOCK. GLENN

Sincerely, Glenn Maurer
EGR Performance Inc
dba:EGR Brakes.com
dba: CircleTrackSupply.com
304 Fifth Creek Road
Statesville, NC. 28625
704-871-0721 800-468-2279
[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2008, 08:19 PM   #4

should of replied
"Sure, send me an envelope containing a return shipping label, $35 check to reimburse the install/fluids, and I will be glad to return YOUR mistake. Thank You"

Customer service has gone down the drain.

What is you reason for going SS brake lines? better brake feel, better stopping power, etc?
Good luck, and keep us updated.
madcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 12:24 PM   #5

They have told me they would pay the shipping back but not the labor. I am somewhat concerned that they take that attitude on something that was their fault.
Old 05-31-2008, 06:52 AM   #6

Shipped the wrong lines back and got an e-mail that they are crediting my card back for the purchase. They are working on making the right lines for the 05, yet they advertised that they had them ready for installation. I am very put out with EGR right now. They would not reimburse me the $30.00 the mechanic charged to try and install the lines, which were supposed to be correct. The mechanic, nor myself, could not tell if they were correct until pulling the old.

If anyone knows of another source to get some braided SS brakes lines, please let me know.
Old 05-31-2008, 06:55 AM   #7

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by madcat:

What is you reason for going SS brake lines? better brake feel, better stopping power, etc?
Good luck, and keep us updated.
should of replied
"Sure, send me an envelope containing a return shipping label, $35 check to reimburse the install/fluids, and I will be glad to return YOUR mistake. Thank You"
Customer service has gone down the drain.

Phil, one thing these lines eliminate is hose expansion when braking. SS lines give you a hard pedal at all times and you don't have to be concerned about them snapping or rupturing.