dual steering stabilizer - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > Technical Forums > Running Gear | Brakes, Wheels and Tires

Old 02-01-2008, 07:04 PM   #1

Garage
dual steering stabilizer

I recently purchased a Rough Country dual steering stabilizer kit for my 2500 and was wondering if anyone out there has had any experience with these, installing or road time. It doesn't look to bad but I've said that about other add ons that turned into nitemares. Any info would be helpful.

spainy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2008, 01:22 PM   #2

dual steering stabilizer

Spainy I was thinking about getting one of those as well ..how much for the kits .l cant see it being that hard to install
Our 2500's can use the the front end stabilizing they can get
Little tip if your going for a alignment ask the tech for as much caster (wheels forward of front axle) as you can get that really takes the shake out of them over sharp bumps at hwy speeds. I had the famous death wobble on mine now its gone after the alignment This message has been edited. Last edited by: 5SpeedHemi, document.write(''+ myTimeZone('Sat, 02 Feb 2008 14:40:41 GMT-0800', '02 February 2008 05:40 PM')+''); 02 February 2008 05:40 PM
5SpeedHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 03:23 PM   #3

Garage
dual steering stabilizer

I picked mine up on Ebay for $97 after shipping. The instructions that come with it are a little vague but it shouldn't be too bad. There are only 2 holes that need to be drilled for installation, the rest is just some disassemble and re-assemble (tie rod). Thanks for the advice on the alignment.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2008, 05:41 PM   #4

dual steering stabilizer

do you still have that ebay link
5SpeedHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 02:50 PM   #5

dual steering stabilizer

I have the skyjacker dual kit and it looks good and was easy to install, after you drill the holes. The longer control arms made the ride a lot nicer on the interstate, and took most of the shake out of the front end when hitting expansions joints on bridges (Only place i get death wobble) leaving bridges.
moltenred2500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 06:19 PM   #6

Garage
dual steering stabilizer

If the weather ever gets better I'll install it. Not looking forward to drilling those holes though. I've got a connection that can get me GOOD drill bits to use and when I'm done I just simply return them. Another buddy has a drill that will do the trick too.
Old 03-03-2008, 08:07 PM   #7

dual steering stabilizer

spainy79 i wish i was in indiana to help you out they are very easy to add on! the kit i help put on was very easy and i dont think that you are going to have a problem at all!
roberx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 08:31 PM   #8

Garage
dual steering stabilizer

Thanks Robert! Do you know yet when you and Mendy are coming up? If I ever get my tax check the first thing I'm buying are fender flares. I'm gonna need them due to the tires sticking way outside of the fenders now. It sucks because it was 70 degrees up here yesterday and today it's 35 and raining with a chance for ice and snow. I also got my HTC decal in the mail today. It's going to have to wait like everything else until the weather gets better.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:43 PM   #9

dual steering stabilizer

we do not know yet when we are going to come up i am going to try to get there in july but i know for sure we well be there in september. fender flares are a good choice i am going to do the same when i get mt rims and tires for my hemi!
roberx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 09:00 PM   #10

Garage
dual steering stabilizer

Do you know an exact date for September? The 4X4 jamboree will be taking place the weekend of the 19 - 21. You can usually get good deals on wheels and tires there. I bought my MT Classic 2's (originally bought for my old Silverado, now they're on the Tahoe) and the Dick Cepek's up there. The MT's were bought in '03 and I paid $420 for 16X8's. Both sets were purchased through National Tire and Wheel. The DC's were $623 (roughly $155 a piece) and I checked their ad in a magazine and they were priced at $169 a piece at that time. I like going just to see the insane rides people have built. The first time I went was in '01 and I bought a Goodmark Ram Air hood for the Silverado and I got it for $40 less than what Jeg's had it listed at. Just something to think about.