Hemi Truck Club banner

07 vs 08 stock rams...who would win?

3K views 26 replies 14 participants last post by  SICKHEMI2004 
#1 ·
My coworker has an 08 Ram, I have an 07. Both are bone stock. I have 3.92 gears w/ LSD, not sure what gears he has but he doesn't have LSD. Guys at work are wanting us to do a little drag race. Who do you guys think would win? Just depends on who's quicker off the line?

a little side story: one of the other guys has a 2011 4.0 v6 Ranger (i know lol) and he was dumb enough to race the guy with the 08 HEMI. Needless to say he got smoked.

Me and the 08 guy park on each side of the Ranger guy to make him feel bad about himself lol.

#2 ·
In a stock vs stock I would go with the truck that has the deeper gear as long as he also has stock tires. Keep in mind 17" tires are 31" tall and usually run 3:55, were a 20" tire is 33" and usually runs a 3:92 gear. Good luck, I can see a few performance mods in your future...

#3 ·
I would think having a LSD would help you take the 08 off the line. Weight is a factor also.

#6 ·
Originally posted by Ramsey88:
My coworker has an 08 Ram, I have an 07. Both are bone stock. I have 3.92 gears w/ LSD, not sure what gears he has but he doesn't have LSD. Guys at work are wanting us to do a little drag race. Who do you guys think would win? Just depends on who's quicker off the line?

a little side story: one of the other guys has a 2011 4.0 v6 Ranger (i know lol) and he was dumb enough to race the guy with the 08 HEMI. Needless to say he got smoked.

Me and the 08 guy park on each side of the Ranger guy to make him feel bad about himself lol.
?? Why do you think there would be a difference other than the ovbious on pieces of information you didn't provide; that being weight (qaud/reg), gear ratio, and 4x4 vs 4x2?

Should come down to driver.

#7 ·
sorry guys I should've been more specific on the trucks:

both are 4x2, quad cab, 6'4 beds, 20" wheels, 275/60 tires. We both weigh about 250 lbs too.

I have 3.92 gears w/ LSD. Don't know what gears he has but no LSD on his.

I have the side steps, he does not.

His truck is orange, mine is black.

#10 ·
if we get something set up, I'll let you guys know how it went.

I might have to sneak under his truck on break and see what gears he's running...

#12 ·
Originally posted by FAhemiST:
black trucks are faster. i think you're gonna have a tough time seeing his gears
I was talkin about the little plate that's supposed to say what gears are in it.

And I agree, I'll win just because my hemi's black

#13 ·
Don't know what gears he has
On the inside of the glove box door should be a sticker that shows the gear ratio.

#14 ·

#15 ·
Originally posted by HemiByrd:
Don't know what gears he has
On the inside of the glove box door should be a sticker that shows the gear ratio.
My understanding was the 07-08's dont have this sticker... Mine doesnt.

#16 ·
Most likely if his came with 20's his gear is the same as yours with a 3:92. This is a lot like throwing two bricks saying one can be thrown further. Not saying it isn't fun, but saying they are the same truck unless one of them has a secret.

#18 ·
Originally posted by leadfoot:
I tell alot of people my truck only has the exhaust done.
ah, the element of surprise!

I know he doesn't have any surprises, he's saving his money for some 26" rims

and I've seen under his hood.

He didn't seem very interested anymore when I talked to him about it today...might have to work on him alittle...

#19 ·
Trucks would be to evenly matched to guess who would win even with one having lds and one that doesn't. It would end up being in the drivers hands. Best driver wins.

#20 ·
Originally posted by cruel1:
Trucks would be to evenly matched to guess who would win even with one having lds and one that doesn't. It would end up being in the drivers hands. Best driver wins.
that's what I figured, Aaron.

I'll keep you guys posted.

#22 ·
I know he doesn't have any surprises, he's saving his money for some 26" rims
If you can wait till he puts the 26s on, it will be all the more in your favor.

#24 ·
UPDATE 2/3/13

the guy with the 08 no longer wants to race.

HOWEVER, the guy with the POS ranger wants to race me in his step-daddy's 06 Titan Crew Cab...tempting to say the least!

Do you guys think I should/could take him???

on a side note, I've purchased a Superchips Flashpaq and am waiting for it to arrive!
I can't wait to see if these are as good as I hear they are.

#25 ·
Originally posted by Ramsey88:
UPDATE 2/3/13

the guy with the 08 no longer wants to race.

HOWEVER, the guy with the POS ranger wants to race me in his step-daddy's 06 Titan Crew Cab...tempting to say the least!

Do you guys think I should/could take him???

on a side note, I've purchased a Superchips Flashpaq and am waiting for it to arrive!
I can't wait to see if these are as good as I hear they are.
I'd look on a Tundra forum to see what times they are running then compare that to your times.

#26 ·
Originally posted by Redtruck-VA:
I'd look on a Tundra forum to see what times they are running then compare that to your times.
I'd be weary if it was a Tundra, but I think I could take the Titan...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.