Don't let the door hit you Tony! - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HEMI | At The Track > NASCAR, Motor Sports and Pro-Racing

Old 07-10-2008, 04:56 PM   #1

Don't let the door hit you Tony!

As a long time Smoke fan, I hate to see him leave JGR. I guess money is more important than wins. We all see how Haas is running - it should be more like "*** Racing". And to join a business with a guy that's in jail - wow. Talk about going from one extreme to the other - from the Coach to the Jailbird. All I think of was when he made comments about DW ( racing on the champs provisional the last two years of his career). a racing fan once told me "where there is Smoke , there is fire". Wrong, if you see smoke look for the cash and his missing sack! I will now step down off the soap box!

Go Navy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2008, 08:20 PM   #2

Good post Shane
HEMI 07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 09:31 PM   #3

We have all made questionable choices. Hopefully he can make the most out of the situation and line up a future in the sport after he stops running.
UsmcMan96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2008, 04:25 PM   #4

WoW! Way 2 go Shane. I didnt hear all the latest scoop cuz Ive been working 2 1/2 wks strait.
I dont really understand why people make the decisions they do in life, we've all done things we probably shouldnt have. Like I did w/ D.W.; I just hope it works for him.
Doug E. Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 06:21 PM   #5

I will it admit it is a curious decision but the way I think about it, the impact to NASCAR will be good for the sport. I look at it as Tony will add an ownership that will be NASCAR continue to grow and a voice to help keep NASCAR in it's place.

He is a dedicated owner in many series of racing. WOO, Silver crown, modified etc.. His teams are constantly top teams year after year. I have no doubt that he will bring that same level of success to Haas eventually. It may take some time but they will get there.

This isn't the first driver that became an owner. Childress and Hendricks (who is a so called jail bird as well) were both drivers and have done quite well for themselves and the sport.
CHEMIGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 03:36 PM   #6

...Shane....I waited a few days to respond as to not disrespect my chapter president ....j/k

Honestly I think its an ill advised move right now...he should have stuck with Gibbs at least long enough to see what the Toyotas had to offer....theyre looking better very week

But without a doubt, his team will be dominant at some point, and Im willing to bet theres at least one more cup champ year in it before he quits driving....I just may need to become a Kahne fan in the mean time
GaTechHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 04:45 PM   #7

I think it's a sign of maturity. He was offered 50% of a NASCAR race team for basically free. Who amoung us wouldn't have taken the same deal given his age?
Old 07-19-2008, 12:51 PM   #8

YEP! U got that rite Chuck. I know I would.
Doug E. Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 11:28 PM   #9

I keep hearing Newman may have been offered some sort of ownership package to Stewart/Haas as well. There is supposed to be an anouncement next weekend. It is all but guaranteed that Newman is leaving Dodge.
Old 07-20-2008, 12:02 PM   #10

tony stewart has a personal contract with chevrolet. everything he drives except in nascar is chevrolet. his diirt track, eldora speedway in kentucky, is sponsered by chevrolet. he even stated that he does not like toyota. chevrolet can out and said they would buy tony's contract.
thebigdogg316 is offline   Reply With Quote