Bud Shootout - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HEMI | At The Track > NASCAR, Motor Sports and Pro-Racing

Old 02-09-2008, 11:49 PM   #1

Bud Shootout

#88 Dale Jr. First race on the New Team & its Victory Lane for Jr. Hell of a Job.

Doug E. Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2008, 12:01 AM   #2

Bud Shootout

I think Jr.made a smart move going with Hendrick. Looks like he's off to strong start.
hemiram32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 01:48 AM   #3

Bud Shootout

Hell Ya !!! Great race Go JR!!
Greenebak73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2008, 07:35 AM   #4

Garage
Bud Shootout

Hendrick + Jr. = win....not much else to say there.
nopeitsherhemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 09:19 AM   #5
"Bob"

Garage
Bud Shootout

i'am by no means a JR fan, but iam very happy he won. he kept saying last year ,just give me somethig i can drive. and everyone thought he was crying,guess he showed them at DEI, that all he needed was a good car that would stay together.
motorscooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 09:22 AM   #6

Bud Shootout

Dang, I missed the first race of the year. I never have understood why everyone was drawn to Jr., not knocking him, just never understood.
UsmcMan96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 10:36 AM   #7

Bud Shootout

OMG! It was a 50 lap shoot out. Wait until he gets into a real race and Tony Jr. has to make decisions. That will be the measure of his season. It's easy to spot fans that never listen to Jr's radio either at the track or on track pass. They are the ones that blamed everything on DEI. Buy you the Track Pass from NASCAR.COM or road runner if you have it and listen to Jrs radio. The problem with his cars for the last couple years has been a short "between" the headset on the pit box.

I would be willing to bet the Tony Jr has to get his set ups approved from Knaus or someone in the Hendrix organization before he can put it on the car.

Besides, do you really think the 20, 24 and 48 are not going to press the issue a little harder when it is a points race? This message has been edited. Last edited by: CHEMIGO, document.write(''+ myTimeZone('Sun, 10 Feb 2008 15:54:06 GMT-0800', '10 February 2008 06:54 PM')+''); 10 February 2008 06:54 PM
CHEMIGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 06:59 PM   #8
UPSTATENYHARDCOREHEMI

Bud Shootout

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by CHEMIGO:
OMG! It was a 50 lap shoot out. Wait until he gets into a real race and Tony Jr. has to make decisions. That will be the measure of his season. It's easy to spot fans that never listen to Jr's radio either at the track or on track pass. They are the ones that blamed everything on DEI. Buy you the Track Pass from NASCAR.COM or road runner if you have it and listen to Jrs radio. The problem with his cars for the last couple years has been a short "between" the headset on the pit box.

I would be willing to bet the Tony Jr has to get his set ups approved from Knaus or someone in the Hendrix organization before he can put it on the car.
You sir have no clue as to what you are talkin about. I suppose that every time juniors motor blew up last year that was Tony Jr's fault right. And it is a plain and simple fact that DEI does not put racing as a priority. They and I mean primarily Teresa puts the marketing of her dead husbands name and likness above all else. She could care less about racing, she isn't even at the track for races. Just look at the way the #8 ran started up front but wasn't long before it was out of site, but i suppose Mark Martin can't drive or communicate either. Do you remember the time when a DEI car was feared in a restrictor plate race?? That all changed after Senior died.

Lets look at qualifing for the 500 Truex Jr is 40th and well Martin did do alittle better with 18th, But lets see how well it plays out when the race starts.

The difference now is that Hendricks put's money into testing and developing cars.....DEI simply doesn't. You can't drive what ya don't have and junior said it all last year.... just give me something I can drive.

Just my .02 worth
Old 02-10-2008, 07:07 PM   #9

Bud Shootout

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by CHEMIGO:
Besides, do you really think the 20, 24 and 48 are not going to press the issue a little harder when it is a points race?
I'd say Jeff and Jimmie were racing pretty hard to be running up front in back-up cars not set up for Daytona
hemiram32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 07:48 PM   #10
UPSTATENYHARDCOREHEMI

Bud Shootout

I agree with ya hemiram32. Jeff and Jimmy didn't race that hard to make it from the back all the way to the front to not try for a win. And Tony is a pure competitor and would take a win regaurdless of points or not.